Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I just stumbled on this thread while looking for info on this breed. I think I have 4? 3 Roos, 1 hen. 1 I'm not sure. I've been told by some Americauna and others EE. Maybe someone here can confirm for me? Also, was wondering how rare, if at all, is a pure white Americauna? 1st pic is sir in question- Girtie
2nd are Muff & Lotta
[/IMG][/IMG]
I don't have a pic of Ollie, my white AM hen.

they are beautiful.I have an EE rooster that looks a lot like the one you have.

he is the only EE I have.I am not sure if he is a pure Americauna or just an EE.I am confused by that too.I can tell you that he was sold to me as an Americauna.You have some nice chickens and I hope you find the info you are looking for.Sorry couldn't be more help.

I just stumbled on this thread while looking for info on this breed. I think I have 4? 3 Roos, 1 hen. 1 I'm not sure. I've been told by some Americauna and others EE. Maybe someone here can confirm for me? Also, was wondering how rare, if at all, is a pure white Americauna? 1st pic is sir in question- Girtie
2nd are Muff & Lotta
[/IMG][/IMG]
If you want to know if they are true Ameraucana you can look at the pictures here. http://ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html The deal with Ameraucana is that in wirting the standard for them, they decided that only those with the prescribed color patterns were considered true to breed. So even if you start with all purebred, if you let them free range and breed willy nilly then the offspring are now considered Easter Eggers.

The first is definately EE, very pretty :) If you got them from the same person I would say the are probably all EE.
2nd are Muff & Lotta
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
HER ARE MY NEW BABYS.
I just stumbled on this thread while looking for info on this breed. I think I have 4? 3 Roos, 1 hen. 1 I'm not sure. I've been told by some Americauna and others EE. Maybe someone here can confirm for me? Also, was wondering how rare, if at all, is a pure white Americauna? 1st pic is sir in question- Girtie 2nd are Muff & Lotta
[/IMG][/IMG]
they are beautiful.I have an EE rooster that looks a lot like the one you have. he is the only EE I have.I am not sure if he is a pure Americauna or just an EE.I am confused by that too.I can tell you that he was sold to me as an Americauna.You have some nice chickens and I hope you find the info you are looking for.Sorry couldn't be more help.
these are all EEs. you can learn a lot about the differences on the ABC and various places on this wrbsite

o i forgot to say white AMs arent really rare. they are one of the 8 accepted varites and there breeders listed in the ABC. I would say they arent the most common color though. Everyone seems to be getting into BBS, including me.

Back
Top Bottom