Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I was hoping you lovely people with far more knowledge than I could help me confirm that my chicks are actually Ameraucanas and not easter eggers or other. I got these 4 from TSC and it was a featured breed. They are all beautiful nonetheless, but hoping that I have true Ameraucanas. Thanks

This is Hoots! Lots of white and grey

Houdini is darker!

Hershey has mostly brown coloring

And Fiesty is grey and black. This isn't the best pic of her face.

They all have slate colored feet and legs. They all have puffy muff cheeks in some variation.

I was hoping you lovely people with far more knowledge than I could help me confirm that my chicks are actually Ameraucanas and not easter eggers or other. I got these 4 from TSC and it was a featured breed. They are all beautiful nonetheless, but hoping that I have true Ameraucanas. Thanks This is Hoots! Lots of white and grey Houdini is darker! Hershey has mostly brown coloring And Fiesty is grey and black. This isn't the best pic of her face. They all have slate colored feet and legs. They all have puffy muff cheeks in some variation.
These are EEs. Any cauna bird from a feed store is an EE. For the real thing you have to buy from a breeder. Genetically they are caunas but not at the SOP level

That is what I was expecting to hear. They were an impulse buy and I couldn't resist their cute lil fluffy butts. Sweet lil birds all the same. Thanks so much. should I delete these pics now?

That is what I was expecting to hear.  They were an impulse buy and I couldn't resist their cute lil fluffy butts.  Sweet lil birds all the same.  Thanks so much.  should I delete these pics now?
No worries about the pics ... More than half the ones posted here turn out to be EEs

Has anyone on this list ordered from Urch/Turnlund? I is hard for me to remember to call at the correct time.

I just called, asked questions, and forgot to ask them which address I should be mailing my order and check to.

The price list has two different addresses at the bottom.

Do I mail to Urch or Turnlund?

Thanks!

Hi folks. The birds pictured above are not Ameraucanas. Is there any chance you could move your discussion to the Easter Egger Thread? I started this thread for the discussion of SOP bred color varieties or project varieties of Ameraucanas.
I very rarely speak up and offer cause for more drama. However the comment above is startlingly abrupt and cold. There is no reason to be rude. Many of the people who accidentally put their EE's on this thread are shocked to discover that they've been "TOOK" by careless breeders or feed stores looking to make a quick $4. Surely there is a nicer way to educate people than to apply the boot and say "Get thee off of our thread!" Oh the horror! AN EE photo on our purebred thread!

I am not a professional. I hope to be. I hope to raise high quality stock that represent this breed to its full genetic potential. I also hope to not lose my sense of kindness along the way.

Now I shall go slink off and avoid this thread for a while because I probably just threw stuff into the fan.
hide.gif

I very rarely speak up and offer cause for more drama. However the comment above is startlingly abrupt and cold. There is no reason to be rude. Many of the people who accidentally put their EE's on this thread are shocked to discover that they've been "TOOK" by careless breeders or feed stores looking to make a quick $4. Surely there is a nicer way to educate people than to apply the boot and say "Get thee off of our thread!" Oh the horror! AN EE photo on our purebred thread!

I am not a professional. I hope to be. I hope to raise high quality stock that represent this breed to its full genetic potential. I also hope to not lose my sense of kindness along the way.

Now I shall go slink off and avoid this thread for a while because I probably just threw stuff into the fan.
hide.gif
If it's any consolation (to any-all involved),
The comment in question very succinctly cleared up my confusion. I now know better than to (mis)represent potential offspring of these birds as "Ameracauna"... and I still have an opportunity to enjoy sharing eggs &/or layers with friends & family. I do feel like the rooster (see avatar) hasn't specifically been disqualified (yet)... but chances are he's just a mutt too, beautiful, but what do I know?
I like eggs
hu.gif

Feedback appreciated, even, and sometimes especially... if it's concise
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom