Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My new hatch of 10. I think I have 5 black, 1 dark blue, 2 light blues and possibly a white and a splash. Can anyone confirm a splash, or do I have two whites?

I'd say splash on both, though the one on the left is a good bit lighter. Just in my experience, all of my splash have just a hint of blue, whether it's small, patchy areas, or an overall hue. My white was totally yellow, not a hint of blue. My splash chicks have a hint of blue in the down, then when the wing feathers start coming in it is even more noticeable.

I'd say splash on both, though the one on the left is a good bit lighter. Just in my experience, all of my splash have just a hint of blue, whether it's small, patchy areas, or an overall hue. My white was totally yellow, not a hint of blue. My splash chicks have a hint of blue in the down, then when the wing feathers start coming in it is even more noticeable.

That's what I thought with my last hatch because the chick had what I call a blue tinge. Well, she turned out to be a white. This one looks much like her but I can't get it strait what the baby splash looks like. I really, really want a splash...he or she, does not matter.

Yes, I have a blue pullet with a black head, but she's a very dark blue. I'm just not good enough to guarantee that one's a pullet

Whoops! This is the blue Im talking about. Pretty sure she's a she. But there are a few with pale combs that are getting a little pinker every day...so, time will tell!

That's what I thought with my last hatch because the chick had what I call a blue tinge. Well, she turned out to be a white. This one looks much like her but I can't get it strait what the baby splash looks like. I really, really want a splash...he or she, does not matter.

I will almost guarantee that the chick on the right is a splash

Back
Top Bottom