Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Yeah safe and sound. Though a bit later than I would've liked. All seem perky and healthy. So far all the wings look black but I know that that can change. I REALLY want splash. So far I think I have at least 3 boys because they have bumpy combs. I did get some pics. They'll all be moved to a bigger brooding area tomorrow because they're cramped a bit now. Black [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Black [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Maybe blue? [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] All together!
Wonder if the bright yellow is a wheaten? Their sure beautiful! I'll have to go back through my pics and look at mine...now that I know what I have

Yeah safe and sound. Though a bit later than I would've liked. All seem perky and healthy. So far all the wings look black but I know that that can change. I REALLY want splash. So far I think I have at least 3 boys because they have bumpy combs. I did get some pics. They'll all be moved to a bigger brooding area tomorrow because they're cramped a bit now. Black [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Black [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Maybe blue? [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] All together!
Wonder if the bright yellow is a wheaten? Their sure beautiful! I'll have to go back through my pics and look at mine...now that I know what I have
They are beautiful! So happy they all arrived safely.

Yeah safe and sound. Though a bit later than I would've liked. All seem perky and healthy. So far all the wings look black but I know that that can change. I REALLY want splash. So far I think I have at least 3 boys because they have bumpy combs. I did get some pics. They'll all be moved to a bigger brooding area tomorrow because they're cramped a bit now.

Black

Black

Maybe blue?

All together!

Very cute! Glad they arrived safe! In about 4 weeks we will know what they are! It was the longest 4 weeks of my life! lol

I don't know, I'm gonna try and see if there is any reason behind the difference in color tonight. I have 4 yellow ones. The others are a pale cream.

They are beautiful! So happy they all arrived safely.

Thank you! I'm happy too!
Very cute! Glad they arrived safe! In about 4 weeks we will know what they are! It was the longest 4 weeks of my life! lol

I know! I can't wait! most of them have such tiny combs, I see 3 that I would guess were boys and 2 that I would guess are girls based on comb bumpiness, but they're so fluffy it's hard to tell without manhandling the chicks and I don't want to stress them out.

Hi everyone,

I own several chicken breeds but need some advice on my Black Ameracauna rooster. I bought Tyson from a woman almost 2 yrs ago who said he was purchased from a breeder. I never gave it a second thought until I started researching differences between the Ameracauna v EEs. Tyson seems to be super close to the Ameracauna standard but would love feedback from breeders of true Ameracauna. Sorry the pics aren't the best.......he can be a bit of a butthead. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I own several chicken breeds but need some advice on my Black Ameracauna rooster. I bought Tyson from a woman almost 2 yrs ago who said he was purchased from a breeder. I never gave it a second thought until I started researching differences between the Ameracauna v EEs. Tyson seems to be super close to the Ameracauna standard but would love feedback from breeders of true Ameracauna. Sorry the pics aren't the best.......he can be a bit of a butthead. :)

Nice looking rooster. (Tyson - tee hee)

Well, the long wait is over.

The Ameraucana Breeders Club forum is back up and running. Still needs some tweaking for colors, but the history is all there.

New website: ameraucanabreedersclub.org
New forum: ameraucanabreedersclub.org/forum
New email: [email protected]

If you have any problems, issues, or find a broken link somewhere, please let me know at [email protected]
The online membership forum should be back up in the next day or so.

Thank you all for your patience.
-Susan Mouw, Secty/Treas

Back
Top Bottom