Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

It is not possible to use wing sexing. Ameraucana do not possess either of the required genes for accurate wing sexing.

An exception is with large fowl black Ameraucanas at Cackle Hatchery. Over the past couple years they have been developing "parent" flocks so their day-old chicks can be wing sexed.
I'm sure they will offer this option with their other varieties of Ameraucanas also (if not already), but it takes time to first develop the segregated parent flocks.

It is not possible to use wing sexing. Ameraucana do not possess either of the required genes for accurate wing sexing.

Nope, sorry... wing sexing is only possible from crossing a fast feathering bird/breed to a slow feathering bird/breed... vent sexing or waiting til they grow out is the only accurate way to sex Ameraucanas...

I was afraid of that, welp doesn't hurt to ask.

An exception is with large fowl black Ameraucanas at Cackle Hatchery. Over the past couple years they have been developing "parent" flocks so their day-old chicks can be wing sexed.
I'm sure they will offer this option with their other varieties of Ameraucanas also (if not already), but it takes time to first develop the segregated parent flocks.

Wow! That actually is really awesome to hear.

Now is a good time to join the Alliance and start your membership the first of the new year.
Dues start at just $10 per year for Newsletters by email or $15 per year for Newsletters by U.S. mail!
logo.jpg
Paid members may have a listing in our Ameraucana Directory and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Our memberships run from January 1st thru December 31st.

Click on this link to easily pay online using PayPal buttons, with drop-down boxes, and to see all the options. You may pay for up to two years in advance…2018, 2019 & 2020. I don’t automatically send out invoices via PayPal, but will send one if requested.

If you don’t use PayPal, please send a check to: Ameraucana Alliance, 4599 Lange Rd, Birch Run MI 48415.

Click on this membership form link, fill it out and email it to me or send it with your check.

Happy New Year,

John W Blehm
Ameraucana Alliance

Last edited:
I am really trying to strengthen the breed quality of my blue ameraucanas. I am fairly new at the chicken game (over the past couple years) and am loving learning more everyday. Could you all please have a look at my flock and tell me if they are good bbs breeding material?
Also, if some of their beards don't look very full it is because they are just starting their molt.
BBS Ameraucana (4).jpg
BBS Ameraucana (7).jpg
BBS Ameraucana (6).jpg
BBS Ameraucana (3).jpg

Anybody have blue wheaten? I would love to see some pictures! ❤

Question....
Do hatchery Ameraucanas (yes. They are real, true, pure Ameraucanas) lay a good shade of blue or are they light blue to almost white?

Anybody have blue wheaten? I would love to see some pictures! ❤

Question....
Do hatchery Ameraucanas (yes. They are real, true, pure Ameraucanas) lay a good shade of blue or are they light blue to almost white?
Alba. :love
IMG_20180110_1527558_rewind.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180109_1726007_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20180109_1726007_rewind.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom