Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

78097_dscf2324.jpg

There you go.

Quote:
OK- I found this:
Here are my observations regarding buff Ameraucanas.

With bantam buffs maybe the size is sometimes a bit too big and trying to get an even shade of buff color is always a goal. I don't think there is much wrong with them over all. I've noticed some black feathers in the wings on some of this years hatch. I didn't see any in my breeders.

The LF need much more work, with size, combs, eye color, sometimes leg color, egg color and of course the buff color itself.

That's from Blehm on the forum. I am STILL unabe to register there. Anybody have a clue about production in the buffs? And where did the color come from? Where is Illia?!??!?!
barnie.gif

2 Britts- you should get some lavs to go with your blacks....hint hint!

Last edited:
The buff color in my line came from orpingtons. They are decent layers, IF.... they don't go broody every time you turn around.

I haven't had any problem with eye color in my line, they are always bay. Leg color needs work and just generally the buff color is hard to master.

pips&peeps :

The buff color in my line came from orpingtons. They are decent layers, IF.... they don't go broody every time you turn around.

I haven't had any problem with eye color in my line, they are always bay. Leg color needs work and just generally the buff color is hard to master.

Is there such a thing as legs being TOO slate? I know the one roo on the right is blurry, but he is the one with bay eyes. The one on the left has black eyes. Its so noticeable. They both started out with greenish legs- what a difference!

28521_100_4134.jpg

Quote:
See- look at the difference in the leg color. I hope my babies from Jean are girls, I am buried in roos.

Actually their legs are darker than what shows in the pictures, but not as dark as your buffs. My Meredith buffs have darker blue legs than Jean's buffs. I happen to love the contrast of the dark blue legs with the buff colored feathers
big_smile.png
I hatched mostly buff roos also
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom