Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Yay! The first one, is darker than the other... been thinking it was a Wheaten, and the second one a Blue Wheaten, but I can't believe my luck that I bought 2 unsexed chicks and both turned out to be pullets
wink.png
. They haven't turned BLACK like my Blue Wheaten rooster "Simon" did at that age!

I have two Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. They will be 3 weeks old on Thursday. Wondering if you had any guesses as to what sex they were?

Chick #1

Chick #2

first picture is a cockerel, last picture is a hen. last one is a hen because chest sticks out roundish out like a hens chest.

i have used this method with chicks that age with no false positives.

these are NOT my pictures! her are examples:

hen
Studio_BuffAmrcnHen_570_M.jpg

rooster
araucanaroostd.jpg

Last edited:
I have two Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. They will be 3 weeks old on Thursday. Wondering if you had any guesses as to what sex they were?

Chick #1

Chick #2

Miranda, the first chick is a pullet. She is a pullet because she is showing more tan as her base color on her wings. I am pretty sure second chick is a blue wheaten cockerel. He seems to be showing more blue as his base color on the wings. He also is showing color at the base of his neck, as the first chick is not.

first picture is a cockerel, last picture is a hen. last one is a hen because chest sticks out roundish out like a hens chest.

i have used this method with chicks that age with no false positives.

these are NOT my pictures! her are examples:

hen
Studio_BuffAmrcnHen_570_M.jpg

rooster
araucanaroostd.jpg
Neither one of those birds are Wheaten Ameraucanas.

Miranda, the first chick is a pullet. She is a pullet because she is showing more tan as her base color on her wings. I am pretty sure second chick is a blue wheaten cockerel. He seems to be showing more blue as his base color on the wings. He also is showing color at the base of his neck, as the first chick is not.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom