Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Agreed! The Ameraucanas we have are my favorites! Fantastic roosters! Ours are all WBS and so I know I'll only be getting Splash...how do I know what the breed should look like since its not a recognized color? Would someone else be breeding for something different? I read the ameraucana breeders club website for the non-negotiable standards but other than those, what does a breeder look for in an unrecognized breed?

I may be bugging you later on. I have a 13 week old pullet I hatched from my Duke and one of the 2 year old hens I'd bought that I hope turns out good as an adult. (She's the only ameraucana that I have actually hatched) I was hoping for blue wheaten when she hatched since her mom is the blue one. I really need to name the ameraucanas. Makes it easier for me on who's who.

11 weeks old in the picture. She's out hiding with the other chicks in the cool grass in this heat. She's molting out a few feathers right now so I hope she looks good in her adult feathers.

I really am in love with the ameraucanas. Mine have such personalities. I love the rooster temperaments.

I need to perhaps get some stock from Tailfeathers myself. I have been hatching babies. If you need a blue wheaten boy or blue wheaten pullet. I have a few also. I want to breed these birds. I just do not know what I will do with my extra cockerels. They are just to sweet. I just do not know if I can kill these guys.
love.gif
Lame reason to not breed them but I am not sure if I can.

I need to perhaps get some stock from Tailfeathers myself. I have been hatching babies. If you need a blue wheaten boy or blue wheaten pullet. I have a few also. I want to breed these birds. I just do not know what I will do with my extra cockerels. They are just to sweet. I just do not know if I can kill these guys.
love.gif
Lame reason to not breed them but I am not sure if I can.

I can't slaughter the friendly ones. I think they figure this out and start smooching up.

some of the survivors and a creve . they were born on 4\2 and are just now starting to get their adult feathers in

the asses

I feel your pain. Here is what I posted on the Faverolle thread a few days ago. So sad!

Here is 9 week old Maggie. She was hatched and brooded with these two runner ducks. I think Maggie thinks she is a duck. She is constantly with them and they play and sleep together....except at night. I got a Silver Laced Wyandotte that is Maggie's age and started housing them separately from the ducks at night. But, both the ducks and Maggie cry if they are separated during the day. They are family. Maggie and our new SLW, Lacy, are too young to be put with the big girls yet. Maybe another few weeks.

So disaster! I am heartsick! As I was posting this post, a hawk came and got Maggie! I can't believe it. It was eating her when I stepped out the backdoor to put her to bed. I hatched her and only kept the one. RIP, my sweet Maggie.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss, she was a beauty.
I feel your pain. Here is what I posted on the Faverolle thread a few days ago. So sad! Here is 9 week old Maggie. She was hatched and brooded with these two runner ducks. I think Maggie thinks she is a duck. She is constantly with them and they play and sleep together....except at night. I got a Silver Laced Wyandotte that is Maggie's age and started housing them separately from the ducks at night. But, both the ducks and Maggie cry if they are separated during the day. They are family. Maggie and our new SLW, Lacy, are too young to be put with the big girls yet. Maybe another few weeks. So disaster! I am heartsick! As I was posting this post, a hawk came and got Maggie! I can't believe it. It was eating her when I stepped out the backdoor to put her to bed. I hatched her and only kept the one. RIP, my sweet Maggie.

I see 2 ee hens. :) and pretty colored eggs in your future! Lol but I'm new at this and there's quite a learning curve! I'm thinking Ee's because of coloring and hens due to stances, *maybe the left ones a roo*?

Can anybody tell if they are roosters or not.?

Lol@ your handle...my 4 year old says, who you typing mommy? Bahahahaha "uhhhhhh" lol ahhhh hmmmm a fellow chicken keeper baby!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom