Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

The wheaten's and blue wheaten's are so beautiful! I get many compliments especially with my blue wheatens and wheaten's! Plus they are extremely friendly for being only 2 months old. They come running when I call, they also jump up on my lap already.

My 2 blue splash and black Ameraucana's are just as sweet and friendly. Those three will go up to my neighbors to say hello and be pet.

It will be nice if I'm able to keep my wheaten boy. If my older hens don't pick on him, he will be able to stay. I'd like a boy for my flock to watch the sky. We've had a few hawk attacks. Luckily we were able to scare the hawk without injuring the hen too badly.

Last edited:
So glad to see all the folks getting into the WBS variety. They need a lot of work but I still think they're the best variety and am thrilled to see more people taking an interest in them. Stay with 'em and work hard to make them wind up on Champion Row!

God Bless,

Hi All,

Here are some pictures of three from my latest hatch of Blue Ameraucana's. I never seem to get blue though, it is always black or splash! Can anyone confirm sex for me? Thank you!

Boy, didn't realize how fuzzy the chickens are! Background was obviously the focal point of the camera!

# 1 I think this one is a roo- comb is redder than the others and seems to be 3 wide

# 2 I am thinking this one is a roo too, even though the comb is not as red, it is pretty wide.

#3 This one is smaller and the comb is much narrower

Another picture of #1

Another picture of #1

Another picture of #2

Another picture of #3
Wondering if those with more experience can confirm/deny my thoughts on the sex of these three birds. Thank you!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom