Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Bit early yet I think. Keep an eye on chest and neck feathers coming in dark and the comb.
Thank you, I was all set to turn him away. He has a badly crooked toe and feathered feet. Bought hatching eggs and was not impressed with the results! If (he) will lay eggs then he's redeemable for breakfast making purposes at least!

Hi,

Newbie here :) would any of you Araucana lovers be able to tell me what sex this chick might be? If it helps, we're in Australia and I think our standard for Araucanas is a little different to say the US?

Thanks!

Finally after 6 months and a week my Easter egger left me a minty green egg.

Is there a chart for the blue egg color? I have one (of three pullets) that is laying. I say the egg is blue. My husband says green. I know he is confused! Is there somewhere I can check the color?

Ah, a universal truth I discovered. Men and women see color differently. Painted the first coops a greenish gray, really more grayish green to my eye. He didn't see any green in it...and he was an art major in college, painted in oils. We still have color issues over various things.

Is there a chart for the blue egg color? I have one (of three pullets) that is laying. I say the egg is blue. My husband says green. I know he is confused! Is there somewhere I can check the color?
There is a color chart sold by the Ameraucana Breeders Club. However the different shades are given letter and number labels like C6 and such.Not much help in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom