Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

You sound way too busy for me!
smile.png
Yes but I can't stand to just sit around and do nothing. I don't watch TV any more (the internet is way more interesting) but when I did I had to be doing something; usually some kind of hand work. That is the problem with internet tho; a lot of things I need my hands free. But I'm never ever bored and I'm always learning new things.

Yes but I can't stand to just sit around and do nothing. I don't watch TV any more (the internet is way more interesting) but when I did I had to be doing something; usually some kind of hand work. That is the problem with internet tho; a lot of things I need my hands free. But I'm never ever bored and I'm always learning new things. 

No argument there! A very handy tool also.

Ok Ameraucana breeders. I have a lovely 10 week old Wheaten pullet that was the only survivor of a disastrous hatch.

Miss Rocky

I have the opportunity to get a lavender roo of the same age from another BYCer. I am extremely new to the breeding and genetics part of chicken rearing. All I have had up to this point is some mix breeds.

My question is how likely am I to get some Splash chicks? Is there any chance of getting any Wheaten offspring from the pair?

The little roo is a light lavender color if that makes a difference at all.

Also, I won't feel right separating my Wheaten from her companion. Since she was the only hatchling I took one of my broody's mix breed chicks that hatched the day after and put with her. Apollo, is almost entirely black, she is a SSH/JG mix (not sure how big she will get with that size difference in parents!) If I breed her to the Lavender roo how likely will all of the offspring be black? Some black EE's would be a fun addition

I sure appreciate any feedback, I am learning just as quickly as I can!!! I had no idea 2 years ago how much I would take to this chicken thing!!!!!

You can't mix Lavender and wheaten and still get Ameraucana. You have 0 chance of getting wheaten or splash from that cross. You would get EEs. Find her a nice wheaten boyfriend :) Actually, I don't know where you located but I might have some male juveniles in wheaten or blue wheaten. I'd have to look. I know I have bantams, could check on LF.
Ok Ameraucana breeders. I have a lovely 10 week old Wheaten pullet that was the only survivor of a disastrous hatch. Miss Rocky I have the [SIZE=17.77777862548828px]opportunity[/SIZE] to get a lavender roo of the same age from another BYCer. I am extremely new to the breeding and genetics part of chicken rearing. All I have had up to this point is some mix breeds. My question is how likely am I to get some Splash chicks? Is there any chance of getting any Wheaten offspring from the pair? The little roo is a light lavender color if that makes a difference at all. Also, I won't feel right separating my Wheaten from her companion. Since she was the only hatchling I took one of my broody's mix breed chicks that hatched the day after and put with her. Apollo, is almost entirely black, she is a SSH/JG mix (not sure how big she will get with that size difference in parents!) If I breed her to the Lavender roo how likely will all of the offspring be black? Some black EE's would be a fun addition I sure appreciate any feedback, I am learning just as quickly as I can!!! I had no idea 2 years ago how much I would take to this chicken thing!!!!!

Ok Ameraucana breeders. I have a lovely 10 week old Wheaten pullet that was the only survivor of a disastrous hatch.

Miss Rocky

I have the opportunity to get a lavender roo of the same age from another BYCer. I am extremely new to the breeding and genetics part of chicken rearing. All I have had up to this point is some mix breeds.

My question is how likely am I to get some Splash chicks? Is there any chance of getting any Wheaten offspring from the pair?

The little roo is a light lavender color if that makes a difference at all.

Also, I won't feel right separating my Wheaten from her companion. Since she was the only hatchling I took one of my broody's mix breed chicks that hatched the day after and put with her. Apollo, is almost entirely black, she is a SSH/JG mix (not sure how big she will get with that size difference in parents!) If I breed her to the Lavender roo how likely will all of the offspring be black? Some black EE's would be a fun addition

I sure appreciate any feedback, I am learning just as quickly as I can!!! I had no idea 2 years ago how much I would take to this chicken thing!!!!!

The only way to get splash is to breed blue to blue, or blue to splash. You should get mostly black EEs from the JG mix cross, and EE's from the wheaten when crossed with a lavender. The only way to get wheaten Ameraucanas is to breed two wheatens together...

I have had EE's for a while and got nice blue eggs. I ordered some BLUE SPLASH WHEATEN AMERAUCANA HATCHING EGGS from ebay and got these eggs that are green? I was assured that they are full Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucana's... Can that be true?

Back
Top Bottom