Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Something no-one has commented on yet...

There is not a variety called "Blue Splash Wheaten"....not in Ameraucanas or any other breed!

There is Blue,
There is Splash
There is Wheaten
There is Blue Wheaten
There is Splash Wheaten

Please don't take this personal, but instead as a lesson.
Research what you are going to buy. Almost every APA breed has a breed club, almost every breed club has pictures and photos of the varieties. This woman would not sell anything if buyers researched what they were getting. She doesn't call them the right thing, has pictures that look nothing like what she is claiming they are & in her description she referred to their "cones".....pretty sure she is talking about their combs....
To me this falls under the category of "too easy"
If your buying Hatching eggs at under a buck an egg...they are either not good birds or someone is doing you a BIG favor!! WBS eggs go for 5-10 times that money !!

Final note: HATCH em! LOL...EE's sell great at swap meets!

I really don't feel like going through the trouble... Anyone near North Georgia want some FREE "almost" Splash Ameraucana fertile eggs?
How much did you spend on the eggs? ebay offers a money back guarantee. You have to send a message to the seller and clarify with her that you were expecting the real thing and not easter eggers. The fair thing for both would be for her to keep the shipping money and return the egg money.

If she doesn't want to, then you contact ebay and they will reimburse you. I guess it would only hurt her seller reputation.

I wonder if you could get your money back...the ad does say it qualifies for the Ebay money back guarantee!

sometimes I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. because ameracaunas are a very confusing breed to some people. And looking at her birds she seems like she actually has some blue breeding project going on

Last edited:
sometimes I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. because ameracaunas are a very confusing breed to some people. And looking at her birds she seems like she actually has some blue breeding project going on

I guess it is possible that she doesn't even know that she is selling the wrong thing?

I guess it is possible that she doesn't even know that she is selling the wrong thing?

The way I look at wether they know they are selling them wrong or not is wrong and their own fault. You would think you would research a bit to make sure you are selling good purebred birds. So either they are wrong for purposely doing it or wrong for being ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom