Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Okay, I learned... Still sux though... :)
I feel bad for you. BYC egg auctions are a good source for eggs. Lark Rise sells her eggs on here frequently (I have bought eggs from her) and she is in Georgia. I would PM her and see if she has eggs available.
big_smile.png

The way I look at wether they know they are selling them wrong or not is wrong and their own fault. You would think you would research a bit to make sure you are selling good purebred birds. So either they are wrong for purposely doing it or wrong for being ignorant.

Plus it sounds like this person has been doing this for awhile. It should have came to their attention now that they actually have EEs

Don't buy amerecaunas on ebay EVER.

Some reliable breeders sell on Ebay, but you need to know who they are. Some BYCers with good quality birds sell on there. You just have to do your homework on the breed you want to purchase and only buy from people you "know" are responsible breeders of purebred birds.
wink.png

Personally, I would never buy on Ebay!
There are very reputable sellers on there, some of my friends are on there.

The best way to buy is through personal contact, like right here and through the breed clubs!
Sometimes they may send you to their eBay ad to actually pay them, but you are a special customer.
I know people who sell a certain breed on auction sites for $35 a dozen. But if your a BYC member that participates in the thread, and you just want some of "those' in your back yard flock, not to breed or show or make money off of, they'll send you half a dozen or a dozen for shipping cost.
Or maybe they are one of the truly dedicated ones to their breed and If you want to show, or work on a breeding program they will give you eggs to help get you started.....I have 40 eggs cooking right now that were gifts after we suffered a bad predator attack!
Ironically...the people who give away the most eggs, often have some of the best stock!

The reason why they have the best stock is because they are in it for the breed, not the buck!

Okay, I learned... Still sux though... :)

Don't get me wrong... That seller sucks. :) I've seen those ads for at least a year and even in the reply the seller interchanges Ameraucana and Araucana. I'm thinking she is being purposefully ignorant. I'm sorry this happened to you and hope it doesn't turn you off the breed!

It's all good. And thank y'all for the replies. I will just have to wait a little longer... I was PMing someone on here actually only 2 hours from me but they had eggs committed out for 3 weeks and I didn't want to wait, hence ebay... And to be honest I didn't really pay much attention to the pictures, I looked at her feedback and other people had gotten theses same eggs and left positive feedback... Doh... I already have EE's and I want pure breeds. Partly because they are difficult to find pure.

I was in a hurry because I wanted to make sure they were feathered and good so when it starts getting chilly again. :)

Final ebay communications...

Dear cathy6487,

I am sorry but Ameraucana and Arauacana are two different breeds. The ones in your pictures are not pure breeds because pure breed do not vary in color when they breed. You have EE's not Ameraucana's. I gave your pictures to some (more than one) knowledgeable Ameraucana owners/breeders and that was there response. They said they are nice looking birds but they are not Ameraucanas they are EE's.

- mdkrush

Her response:

Dear mdkrush,

sorry but I totally differ with you. you can send them back if you prefer for a refund. cathy

- cathy6487

I am going to leave her neutral feedback and state that they are not full blood A's but EE's. Buyer be ware.

I sell on eBay and my eggs are pure wheaten/blue wheaten. I have bought off eBay and gotten nice birds, too! I haven't been 'taken' by an eBayer, but then, I know what I am looking for.

Some people call splash, blue splash because, well, it's a double blue gene. We know it's splash, but hey.

When buying any Ameraucana eggs, it's best to know the breed and it's standard. Get pics of the breeding stock and make sure the colors are varieties accepted in the ABC or a project color that breeds true (ie, lavender).

As always.... Buyers beware. :)

I have bought eggs off ebay with good success, but you have to be careful even with the pictures they use of the parent birds. I saw a post with beautiful bluewheatens. But later on I saw those same birds on someones web site. So I sent the person a question asking if those were the birds the eggs would come from. I also ask him to take a look at this web site. The next day he had photos of different birds on his listing. Ask questions and be careful about what you buy.

I sell on eBay and my eggs are pure wheaten/blue wheaten. I have bought off eBay and gotten nice birds, too! I haven't been 'taken' by an eBayer, but then, I know what I am looking for.

Some people call splash, blue splash because, well, it's a double blue gene. We know it's splash, but hey.

When buying any Ameraucana eggs, it's best to know the breed and it's standard. Get pics of the breeding stock and make sure the colors are varieties accepted in the ABC or a project color that breeds true (ie, lavender).

As always.... Buyers beware. :)

See now I would buy your eggs....because I checked out the ad at the bottom of your post.
That is one of the best ads I have seen! Plenty of good information, great pictures of good birds, etc.
I can tell just by the ad that you are a reputable breeder!
However I would make personal contact on here first, or by email had I seen the ad somewhere else.
Maybe it is just because I have had Too many bad experiences, or have friends who have.

Back
Top Bottom