Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Nothing wrong with those pictures. Very pretty birds
thumbsup.gif
Thank you, but if you notice the girls seemed to be turning away from the camera.

I still have a couple more BBS splashes, the lavenders and the blacks that I have to photographed. This is as bad as showing your baby's pictures and bringing out the entire album.

Thank you, but if you notice the girls seemed to be turning away from the camera.

I still have a couple more BBS splashes, the lavenders and the blacks that I have to photographed. This is as bad as showing your baby's pictures and bringing out the entire album.
BBS Splashes?

My BBS are developing well! Feb 16th they're due to hatch! I can't wait to have the first fluffy butts of 2016! Anyone have a cross between blue and silver Ameraucanas? (Easter egger chicks)
BBS? Are you mixing all 3 varieties together?

A cross between a silver Ameraucana and Blue Ameraucana would result in blue and black first generation offspring.

:D here is my ameraucana Athena
She is very pretty, but I agree she is an EE...
I was wondering. I'm learning my birds as I go, so can you explain why this one is an EE? I thought maybe she was a lav with leakage. To my novice eyes, the muff, comb, and shanks look ok. Is that coloration on her chest more than just leakage?
Lavenders don't have red leakage. With the lavender gene any red leakage would be changed to a straw or gold color because that is what the gene does. I have seen this color many times on ee's over the years. She is not any recognized color and will not reproduce true 50% of the time.
Very good points... I hope you don't mind if I expand a little? SC, another giveaway on her not being a Lav with leakage is the lacing she has... that is indicative of blue more than anything... in Lavs, the feather should be a solid, even color throughout... I've seen ticking, but never lacing...

BBS? Are you mixing all 3 varieties together?

A cross between a silver Ameraucana and Blue Ameraucana would result in blue and black first generation offspring.
No, I must have been tired. Black, Blue, Splash. My splash from this variety to differentiate from the Wheaten splash.

And before anyone thinks she has red or gold leakage, that is from our red clay soil. We have had rain, snow and more rain so my girls are not at their best. I am no where near ready to start mixing or starting project birds. I leave that to the experts who know what they are doing. If I get a mix, it will be accidental.

Last edited:
Mrs BachBach, the pictures do not do these girls justice. The BWs have a wonderful personality, and there is more color in their tails than you see here. The splash is turning out to have wonderful color. She had been smaller than the BW girls but she is coming along quite nicely. I believe they are all 3 laying according to differences in the eggs, but I have not had 3 in one day. I will work on getting better pictures of them.
Girl you really do have some gorgeous birds!!! I love that splash! She looks like she's special! I know I know I've said it before but she catches my eye every time I see her! They are all really nice! How many did u get? Did u cull any? Eye candy for sure!!
1f609.png

Girl you really do have some gorgeous birds!!! I love that splash! She looks like she's special! I know I know I've said it before but she catches my eye every time I see her! They are all really nice! How many did u get? Did u cull any? Eye candy for sure!!
1f609.png
Mrs Bach Bach I'm sorry for quoting in on your post! Just had to comment!

I still have a couple more BBS splashes, the lavenders and the blacks that I have to photographed.  This is as bad as showing your baby's pictures and bringing out the entire album.
No way! Your pics are awesome! Go ahead! Pull out the album! Lol! We love it!!

When I got her at the feed store they said they were all ameruacanas
barnie.gif
by the way what is the main differences between a Easter egger and a ameraucana ?
True Ameraucana are always sold with the color/variety specified. They have white skin, with a slate wash on their legs. They always have a pea comb. They always have muffs and beards. They should only lay blue eggs. With a true Ameraucana, you can have a pretty good idea of what to expect in terms of temperament, size, rate of development, and laying rate.

Easter Eggers are not sold with any color specified. They can have any comb type. They can have any skin/leg color. They can have muffs, beards, or be clean faced. They might lay any color egg. There is no way to accurately predict what that Easter Egger chick will look like when it's grown up. Easter Eggers have a wide range of size, temperament, rate of development, and laying rate.

With a true Ameraucana, you know exactly what you are getting. With an Easter Egger, absolutely nothing can be guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom