Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

True breed ameraucanas are what..... Blue, black, splash? I'm planning to get blue ameraucana rooster and hens. If I breed those together will I still have a true bloodline of ameraucana chickens? I'm just still researching and trying to figure out which ones will stay true to bloodline.... The blue, black or splash. Any info would be great.

OK, now I'm guessing that they are all true bloodlines, but if you breed ameraucanas together are the offspring then considered hybrids or just still a true bloodline of ameraucana?

True breed ameraucanas are what..... Blue, black, splash? I'm planning to get blue ameraucana rooster and hens. If I breed those together will I still have a true bloodline of ameraucana chickens? I'm just still researching and trying to figure out which ones will stay true to bloodline.... The blue, black or splash. Any info would be great.

Those are 3 color varieties of Ameraucanas, yes... and they can be bred together without causing mixed colors...

Ahh well. They may not be show quality then but they're just yard birds anyway. Seriously though, do you know how old BWs are when their legs start darkening? Now I'm just curious, and everything I find just says they SHOULD darken as they "get older".
You should start seeing the darker shanks on wheaten/blue wheaten by the time their adult feathering comes in. By 12-14 weeks, they should be blue.

Hello peeps,
I'm new to chickens. Only had mine, little over a month. I just got my second girl a week ago, and I think she is an Americauna (lady at feed store told me she was a "true" Araucana, but I knew that was a lie) . I'm Trying to figure this whole Araucana, Americauna, EE mystery...lol...I had a nice member give me some helpful info. But I want to know more. And can you guys tell me if my girl (Gracie) is in fact an Americauna? And why she is or isn't? 20170526_151136_008.jpg
Jacquie

Hello peeps,
I'm new to chickens. Only had mine, little over a month. I just got my second girl a week ago, and I think she is an Americauna (lady at feed store told me she was a "true" Araucana, but I knew that was a lie) . I'm Trying to figure this whole Araucana, Americauna, EE mystery...lol...I had a nice member give me some helpful info. But I want to know more. And can you guys tell me if my girl (Gracie) is in fact an Americauna? And why she is or isn't? View attachment 1026021
Jacquie

Yea, you have an adorable EE there. I'm no expert but I do have a flock of Ameraucanas from a breeder and a dead giveaway that yours is an EE is her green legs and her color is not standard. But she should lay some pretty eggs for you!

Yea, you have an adorable EE there. I'm no expert but I do have a flock of Ameraucanas from a breeder and a dead giveaway that yours is an EE is her green legs and her color is not standard. But she should lay some pretty eggs for you!
Thank you, I'm like a new mom, I think my girls are the prettiest girls Ever...lol...
Ok, so she's an EE...what do you mean by her color isn't standard? You said you have a flock of Americauna's...can you show me what your girls look like, so I can try and see the difference. Lol...it's hard to see the little subtle differences. I've only owned my girls for a bit over a month...And my first girl I was told was an EE, when in fact I just got it confirmed the other day, she's a Black Sexlink. So I'm trying to figure out breed differences...
Thank you for the help, Jacquie

Thank you, I'm like a new mom, I think my girls are the prettiest girls Ever...lol...
Ok, so she's an EE...what do you mean by her color isn't standard? You said you have a flock of Americauna's...can you show me what your girls look like, so I can try and see the difference. Lol...it's hard to see the little subtle differences. I've only owned my girls for a bit over a month...And my first girl I was told was an EE, when in fact I just got it confirmed the other day, she's a Black Sexlink. So I'm trying to figure out breed differences...
Thank you for the help, Jacquie

True Ameraucanas are only spelled 'Ameraucana' and are specified what color variety... ie, blacks, blues, wheaten, blue wheaten, self blue (Lavender), etc... and only 2 hatcheries sell true Ameraucanas, I believe... most feed stores will not get true Ameraucanas nor Araucanas... those usually are only found from dedicated breeders...

Back
Top Bottom