Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Someone missed the memo, these were suppose to be all blue. Hopefully these will not all turn out to be little roo's.
fl.gif

25192_108_1043.jpg

25192_108_1036.jpg

Quote:
Did you hatch them or were they shipped? You do know how blue works, right?

We've been stiffed recently by breeders that had to wait because of weather to ship out chicks, and when they finally did arrive it was obvious they had been sexed.

These came from a local breeder. This is my first time getting an actual Ameraucana, and not ee's. And to be honest , I know very little about how the color works, but I am starting to read every post I can find on it.

Quote:

We've been stiffed recently by breeders that had to wait because of weather to ship out chicks, and when they finally did arrive it was obvious they had been sexed.

Oh well that stinks and not very nice.
hmm.png

Quote:

wait! am I missing something? You can sex blue Am's as chicks? I didnt think you could sex them as young young-chicks??

Quote:

wait! am I missing something? You can sex blue Am's as chicks? I didnt think you could sex them as young young-chicks??

if i post pictures of my blue ameraucanas could you tell
if they are hens or roosters at 2 weeks old
i got some this week but dont know if there
roosters or hens

Back
Top Bottom