Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
you could always get some sexlinks that way you can tell boys from girls early on

That would be the EASY thing to do! My daughter saw her and decided it's a girl and she HAS to have her! I decided to indulge her. And the lady was pretty sure it was a pullet! Of course, she also claimed to possess pedigree papers to show that it's a true Ameraucana! Go figure....

I know how that goes I have a 12 yr/old sister. Why do you think I have Mallards, Call Ducks and a random Pekin? LOL
lol.png

Quote:
That is just mad! If she knows how to read papers she should know better than telling you such an obvious lie (and I don'tmean the sex determination although...)! Very sorry your girl will be disappointed! But he sure is pretty!

Quote:
you could always get some sexlinks that way you can tell boys from girls early on

That would be the EASY thing to do! My daughter saw her and decided it's a girl and she HAS to have her! I decided to indulge her. And the lady was pretty sure it was a pullet! Of course, she also claimed to possess pedigree papers to show that it's a true Ameraucana! Go figure....

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Quote:

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

I thought that too but just skimmed over it...
hmm.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

I thought that too but just skimmed over it...
hmm.png

Why are you all laughing? My chickens have official papers. I know they are official cuz I typed them myself and put the word "Official" on them. (Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that they were OFFICIAL AMERUACANA CHICKENS so I typed it right on their papers)

Thank you everyone that responded to my question about crossing my wheaten roo with our barnyard flock. I gave hubby the go ahead to try it.

My favorite all-time easter egger cross that I ever had was a leg-horn and white ameraucana cross. Beautiful white easter egger that laid huge light blue eggs daily for almost two years. I would love to see someone create a line of these someday.

High everyone.
The chicks I hatched from Paradise Found Farms are now 5 weeks old and with the help of the nice people on this forum I have been able to determine that there are 2 B/W cockerels, 1 S/W cockerel, 2 B/W pullets, and 2 S/W pullets. I am very pleased with them. They are very healthy.
Last week I separated them from the other breed of chicks they were hatched with and moved them to their own tractor out on the grass. Let me say that after this their personality truly started to show. They are very social and really forage well. I really enjoy watching them.

I have some of Denise's chicks as well. Hold onto the SW roo- I had one that almost looked lav wheaten. Just gorgeous. One of my friends begged me for him so I had to give in.

Its actually been kinda nice here weather-wise (except for the lightening!) so I have a 2 day egg auction up in BST. First time I am offering any splits.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529957

Back
Top Bottom