Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

#1, he is going to be bigger in the body and always look at type first, then color. I think you will find he will be a very nice size boy once he fills out. This variety takes a while to get their complete adult plumage. My boys usually take until about 14 months to finish out.

#2 has a really high tail set and his body looks very small and narrow in the saddle.

Newbie here.
So be ready to disregard everything I say, LOL!

The blue in #1 is more medium blue and isn't that the tone most sought after in shows [as opposed to the very dark blue in the second]? I know this is a little point as the pairing of the male and female can help change the tone of the blue in future generations...

This next is a question as much as a comment, but the second doesn't seem to have [much of?] a beard and muffs [certainly as compared with his brother] and isn't that a DQ??? Or too young to tell?

idunno.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:
#1, he is going to be bigger in the body and always look at type first, then color. I think you will find he will be a very nice size boy once he fills out. This variety takes a while to get their complete adult plumage. My boys usually take until about 14 months to finish out.

#2 has a really high tail set and his body looks very small and narrow in the saddle.
Thank you for confirming my thoughts on these guys Jean
big_smile.png
He is out of my wheaten rooster from eggs I hatched from you and a Paul Smith hen.

Another rooster needs a home
hide.gif

ship him my way please!!!!

I like #1 too. There was some discussion here last month about a holy grail rooster...I think it looked just like #1. I was going to tell you to keep them both, longer, but don't get rid of #1 unless you are shipping him to me :)

Don't mean to jack the discussion, but I am wondering if there is anyone on here with wheaton bantams for sale? I'm specifically looking for eggs and not for a while until it cools off a bit, but would like to find a contact now, if possible.

We just got these three "Ameracauna" "Hens" and we need help... They are suppose to be all hens are they? we think Hen #1 is actually a EE but pretty sure Hen 2 and 3 are Ameracuna.. What do you think?

We just got these three "Ameracauna" "Hens" and we need help... They are suppose to be all hens are they? we think Hen #1 is actually a EE but pretty sure Hen 2 and 3 are Ameracuna.. What do you think?

All three are EE, Pretty sure #2 is a roo and maybe all three.... got pics of the face so we can see the combs. The red on the wings is a roo thing and the 3rd one has some red. The first one I think is a hen or pullet but just can't tell.

Back
Top Bottom