Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
X2
goodpost.gif

Also, along with the face pictures, how old are they.

Ron

we'll take some face picture and post them shortly, they are 5-6 months old we're told, hen#1 doesn't really have a muff, hen#2 and #3 have big muffs.......i thought #1 was an EE but other 2 look ameruacana

we'll take some face picture and post them shortly, they are 5-6 months old we're told, hen#1 doesn't really have a muff, hen#2 and #3 have big muffs.......i thought #1 was an EE but other 2 look ameruacana

Beards and muffs do not make Ameraucanas nor EE. The colors and type make Ameraucanas and they don't conform to the standard. Most of us have EE too. I love that there is no standard and I can breed them the way I want. EE come in more color varieties than Ameraucanas.... another reason most of us have EE too.

Thanks, I looked today in the sun & he has orange with gold highlights so you are correct it is not the pic.

So, does this make him an EE & not an Ameraucana? IMO, either way he is a handsome devil
wink.png

MyT Dogs,

Your birds hackle and saddle feathers look too golden, they are supposed to be a light orange color, not blonde. Could be the picture.

Back
Top Bottom