Ameraucana

That's very interesting then. I have 16 EE hens/pullets and they all lay their own shade: blue, green, and pink. I have never heard of them having the eggs change colors before.
I've always heard they stayed the same but for some reason she gives me 2 colors. At first I thought it was my other EE then I saw her lay a pink egg.

Is this what you mean by muffs? Is she an EE too?
Wow your grey hen looks exactly like mine! Maybe they came from the same hatchery! Pot Pie our grey (in pic) EE can from a feed mill too. She is 22 weeks got the puffy cheeks also ... just waiting for her first egg!

From what I understand a EE is a cross of a Auracana or Ameracauna Roo and a standard hen. (I’m wondering if Pot Pie is a Auracana x Leghorn cross with her coloring). They are likely to carry on the blue laying genes but are cheaper to breed. But I’m no egg-spurt! :)

Attachments

• 9B890C58-FBC2-4A1A-8C68-AF48E8CF7F88.jpeg
    9B890C58-FBC2-4A1A-8C68-AF48E8CF7F88.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 5
Wow your grey hen looks exactly like mine! Maybe they came from the same hatchery! Pot Pie our grey (in pic) EE can from a feed mill too. She is 22 weeks got the puffy cheeks also ... just waiting for her first egg!

From what I understand a EE is a cross of a Auracana or Ameracauna Roo and a standard hen. (I’m wondering if Pot Pie is a Auracana x Leghorn cross with her coloring). They are likely to carry on the blue laying genes but are cheaper to breed. But I’m no egg-spurt! :)
Any cross that lays colored eggs and has some Ameraucana or Araucana in it can be considered an EE, from what I understand.

Any chance that we could have a mystery on our hands and there is a secret egg layer that lays the blue or green egg?
Nope. I have 5 production blues (lay brown eggs), 4 red sexlinks(will lay brown eggs once they start laying) and 2 EEs. I get blue, green and pink eggs. I've seen darker EE lay green egg before and saw other EE lay pink. The days we get blue we dont get green but still get pink. They're both from her.

Nope. I have 5 production blues (lay brown eggs), 4 red sexlinks(will lay brown eggs once they start laying) and 2 EEs. I get blue, green and pink eggs. I've seen darker EE lay green egg before and saw other EE lay pink. The days we get blue we dont get green but still get pink. They're both from her.
Bummer... I always like a good mystery.

From what I understand a EE is a cross of a Auracana or Ameracauna Roo and a standard hen. (I’m wondering if Pot Pie is a Auracana x Leghorn cross with her coloring). They are likely to carry on the blue laying genes but are cheaper to breed. But I’m no egg-spurt!
Hatchery EEs are a cross of EE and EE. There is ameraucana in EEs, but hatchery EEs are not direct crosses of ameraucana or auracana. Some people make their own EEs with ameraucana crosses, but nothing like that at a feed store or hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom