Ameraucana

Pics
No nice way to say it and not trying to be rude, but yours is an easter egger/mutt - not matter what you say. It lacks all the standards for the Ameraucana breed. You may want to check out the Ameraucana Breeders Club and/or Ameraucana Alliance. They are the two Ameraucana breeder groups here in the United States and a great resource to learn about the Amercauana breed. Their websites have photo examples of the standard breeds. Most people start out with Easter Eggers because they were mislead that what they purchased was the real deal. True Ameraucanas have their own recognized variety and based on the photo that you posted up, it does not match what is an Ameraucana. Your hen also lacks the beard/muffs and the correct leg color. I'm assuming it's the brownest hen, as the black red one looks like a black sex link. It has willow legs, and willow legs are DQ for the breed.

Not trying to put you down, just helping you out by educating as there is TONS of misinformation about the Amercauana AND Araucana breed. No matter, blue layers are awesome and you should have fun with her :).
Yeah, I figured that out already , thanks though.

No nice way to say it and not trying to be rude, but yours is an easter egger/mutt - not matter what you say. It lacks all the standards for the Ameraucana breed. You may want to check out the Ameraucana Breeders Club and/or Ameraucana Alliance. They are the two Ameraucana breeder groups here in the United States and a great resource to learn about the Amercauana breed. Their websites have photo examples of the standard breeds. Most people start out with Easter Eggers because they were mislead that what they purchased was the real deal. True Ameraucanas have their own recognized variety and based on the photo that you posted up, it does not match what is an Ameraucana. Your hen also lacks the beard/muffs and the correct leg color. I'm assuming it's the brownest hen, as the black red one looks like a black sex link. It has willow legs, and willow legs are DQ for the breed.

Not trying to put you down, just helping you out by educating as there is TONS of misinformation about the Amercauana AND Araucana breed. No matter, blue layers are awesome and you should have fun with her :).
The black and white one is also an Easter egger. She lays blue eggs, but came from the same place and was sold to me as an Ameraucana as well. She actually has the little muffs though, lol. But if my first one is an EE, then she is too. They lay great eggs though! I can’t complain and they’re blue. (They’re also as big as my duck eggs.)

Attachments

• 386CC991-A519-4529-A555-14C51C3471E7.png
    386CC991-A519-4529-A555-14C51C3471E7.png
    3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
From a farm store or a 'breeder'?
That's a nice blue, my best blues have some from EE's.
I got them from the local feed store. I believe there is a picture of their ‘baby chick’ menu in this thread somewhere, but when I bought them, I was not aware about stores selling them off as Ameraucana and they actually being EE until I posted this thread. I’m okay with it though! I have those 2 girls that lay my blue/green and blue eggs, then I have one more EE who lays pink ones! So I have a variety.

Attachments

• 59E67BCD-6905-4655-B601-B621A4F2397C.jpeg
    59E67BCD-6905-4655-B601-B621A4F2397C.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom