Ameraucanas stopped laying

TexasSam

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2017
Weatherford Texas
I added two black hens and A black rooster to my self/blue hens with A total of 5 birds. 2 self/blue hens and 2 black hens and 1 black rooster. About 2 days later the self/blue hens stopped laying. It has been two weeks since I got an egg is this normal? One good thing is the self/blue hens feathers look a lot better know.

If your hens are in a molt, they will stop laying for a while. If they aren't getting along with the newbies, yes they could be stressed and stop laying. The duration may depend on you. When hens are molting, provide extra protein to speed new feather development. If they are stressed because of new birds, try some extra goodies: fresh greens, apple slices, slivered grapes, hang plastic bottles with scratch, seed, mealworms for them to enjoy. Talk to them, when feeding - the sound of your voice is calming to them. I also play soothing music for my hens. They will start to make shrill vocalizations and even sit down and just chill, preen or dust bathe! Plus the music will help deter predators that are lurking in the area. I like it too, I just set a chair near and watch them for my own stress relief. LOL!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom