Ameraucanas? What breed?

HannahKline14

Chirping
Jun 21, 2020
Ohio
What type of ameraucanas are these? I know there's 8 types, these are both a little over 1 week old (9 days) I know for a fact they're americana just don't know what kind. Also will the type change the egg color I know they lay blue and some lay olive green( also their legs look more olive green/brown they're not yellow, don't know if that helps lol)
20200702_154119.jpg

They look like Easter Eggers to me. Ameraucanas only lay blue eggs, not green, and they are usually always sold as a specific color so it’s weird they didn’t tell you what color they were when you got them. Where did you get them from?

They look like Easter Eggers to me. Ameraucanas only lay blue eggs, not green, and they are usually always sold as a specific color so it’s weird they didn’t tell you what color they were when you got them. Where did you get them from?
Aren't ameraucana chickens EE's aswell

Aren't ameraucana chickens EE's aswell
No, americaunas are pure bred. Easter eggers are mixed.

Unfortunately most hatcheries and feed stores mislabel their chicks. :( some day Ameracauna, some Araucanian etc. but most are actually Easter Eggers.

There are some hatcheries that sell both and label them properly but not a lot.

Easter Eggers can lay basically any color eggs (green, blue, pink, etc.) whereas Ameraucanas only lay blue.

Easter Eggers aren’t really necessarily a mix, most of the hatcheries have their own lines now that breed fairly true, but they are different than Ams

Back
Top Bottom