American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
This will be my first year for my geese to potentially hatch their eggs. Any suggestions? I have heard people discussing nest-boxes for their geese, is this necessary? My coop has a few corners and hiding places I wouldnt mind them setting. Any suggestions for a relatively new goose owner?

This will be my first year for my geese to potentially hatch their eggs. Any suggestions? I have heard people discussing nest-boxes for their geese, is this necessary? My coop has a few corners and hiding places I wouldnt mind them setting. Any suggestions for a relatively new goose owner?

We just did this yesterday for our Buff and Toulouse no nest boxes but their very own room inside their house excuse the ducks they were checking it out. I've never used nest boxes with my water fowl just give them plenty of bedding and they make their own nests.

Thanks it's amazing what can be done with scrap wood, now I don't have any left though
sad.png

@MissLydia...
...I especially like the 'privacy partition', as I'm sure your geese do too...lol !!! I wish I had enough scrap wood to build
my babies a couple of rooms inside their house. But I guess I should just be grateful that they don't know how to access this website to see all
the neat stuff they're missing out on...at least I don't think they can...can they...???

Here are a couple of pictures of Gus and Gabi's digs...(I took them with my cell phone, so sorry about the quality...but what did I expect? It's
like cooking your Thanksgiving turkey in the microwave instead of the oven...you can do it, but it's not the same!)
{please note the skylight...it also doubles as the air conditioner...lol !!!}

Have a great night everyone!

-kim-

That is a very nice place for your 2 geese mightymax, Now that we got this done inside for our 2 females we may have to make other arrangements if the boys start fighting which they had a shoving match yesterday.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom