American Gamefowl

B23AFA6D-2356-4963-B991-9E523BEC0C6F.jpeg

Any way to try and prevent it from spreading
Nope. If you got it in one bird they all have been exposed by now. Cull the symptom showing birds and sooner or later you’ll have tough birds.
When this whole deal becomes about money people save every bird, sell so many and refuse to cull birds they know aren’t up to task all to try and get back some of their money.
As cliche as it sounds “only the strong survive” any other way results in birds that fall apart with age and a few generations.

Nope. If you got it in one bird they all have been exposed by now. Cull the symptom showing birds and sooner or later you’ll have tough birds.
When this whole deal becomes about money people save every bird, sell so many and refuse to cull birds they know aren’t up to task all to try and get back some of their money.
As cliche as it sounds “only the strong survive” any other way results in birds that fall apart with age and a few generations.
Its easier to loose 1 then everything

Its easier to loose 1 then everything
You won’t lose everything by keeping him. You will run the risk of them all showing symptoms though. If they have problems breathing they won’t be worth a sh*t. I’d worry more about the rest showing symptoms. The reality is you may still get some to show symptoms regardless of what you do with that rooster.

You won’t lose everything by keeping him. You will run the risk of them all showing symptoms though. If they have problems breathing they won’t be worth a sh*t. I’d worry more about the rest showing symptoms. The reality is you may still get some to show symptoms regardless of what you do with that rooster.
I've done him already. Hard but better then it spreading by him being here. I will keep a close eye out. He didn't have any breathing problem or weze or crackle just the eye bubbles, nazzle discharge, and swollen head

Back
Top Bottom