American Gamefowl

Now that is a nice lookin bucket! 😝
Nope. If you got it in one bird they all have been exposed by now. Cull the symptom showing birds and sooner or later you’ll have tough birds.
When this whole deal becomes about money people save every bird, sell so many and refuse to cull birds they know aren’t up to task all to try and get back some of their money.
As cliche as it sounds “only the strong survive” any other way results in birds that fall apart with age and a few generations.
I am a monster. 😔 I chopped the head off one of my favorite birds the other day and plucked her feathers.
She had a reoccurring leg/hip issue to where she couldn't walk on one leg and she would just drag herself around. Of course that made her a Target for drake abuse.

I appreciate it but havoc has a good point. If I don't take him off the yard it just gives the others that much more of a chance of getting it. He was a good one though
Sorry man that sucks ☹️

I appreciate it but havoc has a good point. If I don't take him off the yard it just gives the others that much more of a chance of getting it. He was a good one though
It is a good point and I agree with.
I wish more would take the time to read about a disease that is affecting their birds and consider the impact it can have on their flock, etc. Plenty of info (good info!) out there, it just has to be researched/read (and understood).

I am a monster. 😔 I chopped the head off one of my favorite birds the other day and plucked her feathers.
She had a reoccurring leg/hip issue to where she couldn't walk on one leg and she would just drag herself around. Of course that made her a Target for drake abuse.
Murderer! No, that stinks :hugs

I think when it comes to chickens a lot of people convince themselves that birds showing symptoms of one disease or another will just get better with vitamins or antibiotics.
That’s rarely the case. Every one has their own way of doing things and there’s no one right way but selecting the fastest growing, fastest to feather, mature and birds that seem to thrive no matter the weather and conditions seems to me like a step in the right direction.

Enjoy a fine picture of one of the last hot mess of a chicken I've made.(hopefully he is the last one ever).:D
20200706_171808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom