Developing my own large Oriental breed for free ranging

As long as they don't freeze they'll be fine. I had a bantam hen that hatched out ten chicks out of ten eggs that were laid when overnight lows went into the lower thirties.
thats going to be the problem, i checked the weather and it says that while I’ll be gone it’s going to be mid to high twenties.

Last edited:
CBAF0C54-B07C-4158-A8E0-B707D3190C90.jpeg
Update pic of the Bruges/American Game stag I think by the time he’s mature he will be 7.5lb - 8lb, which with him also being quick I think will make him an ideal free range brood cock.

I also got 6 red wahl aseel eggs on the way.

What's his weight now? What's his sir's weight? And how old is he? An eight pound bird would be pushing seven in his first year.
Right now he is 6lb, he’s 10 months old. right now the Bruges is 7lb but he is very thin when I got him straight from greenfire he was 9lb and they also said he was 10 months old so he would have grown some, I’m not to familiar with growing out bigger birds like him so I would say knowing that 8lb is probably a stretch but I would say 7-7.5lb for sure when he is full grown.

That is much larger than I expected, you quite possibly be right about the weight. Some people have a bird that is four and a half pounds and are like "oh yeah, he's going to be 10 pounds fullgrown." That's why I asked. Eight pounds is definitely within his genetic parameters.

That is much larger than I expected, you quite possibly be right about the weight. Some people have a bird that is four and a half pounds and are like "oh yeah, he's going to be 10 pounds fullgrown." That's why I asked. Eight pounds is definitely within his genetic parameters.
That would be great.

IMG_1668 (1).jpg The 6 wahl aseel eggs arrived Saturday and i got 4 eggs off the brown red american, fathered by the bruges/american stag. so i loaded the eggs up yesterday morning I'm really hoping to get a good hatch especially the Aseels. its warming up this week so I will let her hatch a clutch. I also pinned the Bruges rooster, his daughter, and the bruges/American stag’s mother who is a pure American Friday and I also gave them a heavy dose of coconut oil mixed with their feed for a couple days

The AGF hen with the bruges/AGF stag has seven eggs in her clutch as of this morning. Last night we had a light freeze so i’m a little concerned them but hopefully they make it.

Back
Top Bottom