Developing my own large Oriental breed for free ranging

57979F38-D74B-42A4-A84E-7EE9B075B76A.jpeg

The Bruges/AGF Roosters hen laid 2 for not being very big she lays good sized eggs, these eggs these are the first eggs of the year. They weren’t fertilized, I’ll still keep checking though. I’m thinking about replacing him with the Bruges rooster until he matures a little more.

Last edited:
View attachment 3735320
The Bruges/AGF Roosters hen laid 2 for not being very big she lays good sized eggs, these eggs these are the first eggs of the year. They weren’t fertilized, I’ll still keep checking though. I’m thinking about replacing him with the Bruges rooster until he matures a little more.
That would also give you a few more options for breeding in the future having that mix.

That would also give you a few more options for breeding in the future having that mix.
Yes, they would probably be like the original F1’s but they hopefully will have better color
104793CD-0558-4BC4-949E-3D1AC7688076.jpeg
I don’t think i posted any pics of the hen yet so here she is. I did try switching up but the Bruges/AGF ended up getting chased around, because he was new to the area. So I just put him back.

If he doesn’t start breeding her by the end February I’ll probably put the Bruges in there with her

The Bruges x American is 6lb as of last night. and his hen stopped laying for awhile, and then yesterday i found three eggs i checked to see if they were fertile and they appeared to be, I'm not going be at the house this weekend so i the eggs probably won't be good when i get back, I may be able to have someone collect them while I'm gone. I do at least expect to set a clutch by early march.

The Bruges x American is 6lb as of last night. and his hen stopped laying for awhile, and then yesterday i found three eggs i checked to see if they were fertile and they appeared to be, I'm not going be at the house this weekend so i the eggs probably won't be good when i get back, I may be able to have someone collect them while I'm gone. I do at least expect to set a clutch by early march.
As long as they don't freeze they'll be fine. I had a bantam hen that hatched out ten chicks out of ten eggs that were laid when overnight lows went into the lower thirties.

Back
Top Bottom