American Gamefowl

roosterhavoc

Enabler
Jan 5, 2012
I have good soil here and haven’t ever seen any just didn’t know if I should go ahead and do it anyways I’ve heard diatomaceous earth works but that’s just what I’ve read.
Yeah DE doesn’t work for a wormer. DE works good for bug larvae that crawl through it like on the top layer of dirt in planters or gardens. The bugs lay eggs, they hatch and end up dying instead of eating roots.
Half the shit recommended for chickens on here and elsewhere is total BS spewed by people that have no idea what the hell they’re doing.

EggWalrus

Free Ranging
Aug 14, 2017
Southeast Alabama
Yeah DE doesn’t work for a wormer. DE works good for bug larvae that crawl through it like on the top layer of dirt in planters or gardens. The bugs lay eggs, they hatch and end up dying instead of eating roots.
Half the shit recommended for chickens on here and elsewhere is total BS spewed by people that have no idea what the hell they’re doing.
And that is the Gods honest truth!

Chickenman1994

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
West Virginia
that’s the truth most people online domy know there ass from a whole in the ground that’s why I come to you for advice lol you ain’t never steered me wrong

roosterhavoc

Enabler
Jan 5, 2012
that’s the truth most people online domy know there ass from a whole in the ground that’s why I come to you for advice lol you ain’t never steered me wrong
Lol well I don’t know it all but if I recommend something it’s because I’ve done it and know it works. It’s easy to tell the people that don’t know much from the people that do. Look at their birds, pens, how many they have, for how long etc... Anybody can recite what they read on google.
Kinda like the sevin dust and frontline and how well it works for lice and mites. Oh but 1500 people will say it’s not recommended for chickens yada yada yada. Holy hell of all the chemicals in the world that we come into contact with they’re worried about a chemical that is widely used on crops all over the place. gimme a break.
Many of the so called experts have had chickens for 50 yrs and haven’t learned a damn thing or they’ve had 6 chickens for 30 yrs. That doesn’t equate to a whole helluva lot of experience. 😝

Chickenman1994

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
West Virginia
Lol well I don’t know it all but if I recommend something it’s because I’ve done it and know it works. It’s easy to tell the people that don’t know much from the people that do. Look at their birds, pens, how many they have, for how long etc... Anybody can recite what they read on google.
Kinda like the sevin dust and frontline and how well it works for lice and mites. Oh but 1500 people will say it’s not recommended for chickens yada yada yada. Holy hell of all the chemicals in the world that we come into contact with they’re worried about a chemical that is widely used on crops all over the place. gimme a break.
Many of the so called experts have had chickens for 50 yrs and haven’t learned a damn thing or they’ve had 6 chickens for 30 yrs. That doesn’t equate to a whole helluva lot of experience. 😝
Hit the nail on the head lol I haven’t had mine long think it’ll be a year in February but I’ve learned a lot in that little time but don’t ever plan on stopping

roosterhavoc

Enabler
Jan 5, 2012
Hit the nail on the head lol I haven’t had mine long think it’ll be a year in February but I’ve learned a lot in that little time but don’t ever plan on stopping
For example I just had to mess with an old leiper. He’s molting and he was messing with his wings. I noticed it the other day but today it was worse. Occasionally an older bird will really mess with feathers growing in and mess em up. I cut his spurs with a dremel and coated the spots on his wings with pine tar. All that other stuff like “pick no more” and other magic BS for $25 a bottle is a joke. Pine tar works and tastes like straight shit so he won’t want to peck at them anymore. Lol.

Chickenman1994

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
West Virginia
For example I just had to mess with an old leiper. He’s molting and he was messing with his wings. I noticed it the other day but today it was worse. Occasionally an older bird will really mess with feathers growing in and mess em up. I cut his spurs with a dremel and coated the spots on his wings with pine tar. All that other stuff like “pick no more” and other magic BS for $25 a bottle is a joke. Pine tar works and tastes like straight shit so he won’t want to peck at them anymore. Lol.
I guarantee the old timers didn’t have none of that shit back in the day lol gotta use what’s tried and true

Chickenman1994

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
West Virginia
Pine tar is also awesome for making blood clot it’s messy as crap but does the trick we used to use it when we dehorned cattle Couple mins the bleeding will completely stop. And let me tell you them horns bleed way more than dubbing a rooster ever thought of lol. Baby oil works good on feathers too and scaly legs just don’t get it on there head

Top Bottom