American Gamefowl

image2 (8).jpeg
Two years old rescued feral hen "Coco"

OK. i have proper hitches already (the one pictured), so I just need to buy the cord part.

thank you for your help. This thread is so much more helpful and friendly than the other threads on this forum :D View attachment 2558319
Do you have the swivel that’s pictured? The swivel just prevents the cord from tangling and kinking up. I know you’re just temporarily putting them out so in theory you could just tie a slip knot in a length of 550 paracord and attach that to the birds leg. If you’re not gonna be around or you plan on not paying attention to them while out on a cord I’d build them the way they’re sold with a swivel in the middle and stakes included. I have a bunch of roosters so it’s just easier to buy the completed tie cords from the beginning. Since then I’ve just bought parts and built them myself. It’s really easy to hammer the crimps down for the cord stops like in the pictures you can see on woods website.
If and when you do order anything make sure you get the right size swivels and crimps for rubber cord or nylon since they’re different.

@SarahGfa
Oh and set up the way that cord is pictured would work fine with the cable. I was thinking you were trying to have cable running right to the hitch. The only issue is the swivel at the stake end. It’s really ideal to have a swivel at the stake and in the middle between the running line and the hitch. Like I said before
If you’re gonna be around to check on them when out it really doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
@SarahGfa
Oh and set up the way that cord is pictured would work fine with the cable. I was thinking you were trying to have cable running right to the hitch. The only issue is the swivel at the stake end. It’s really ideal to have a swivel at the stake and in the middle between the running line and the hitch. Like I said before
If you’re gonna be around to check on them when out if really doesn’t matter.
Yes I do have the swivel :D I am not using a stake but I got these anchor rings screwed on top of a concrete deck block.

This might be a long-term setup, at least until they are mature enough to stop chasing the hens.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 3.18.14 PM.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 2
Nice pics billy91&havoc
Got us a 4wheeler needs some tlc but runs pretty good.
I got one that needed a head gasket and rear suspension work and still does 2 yrs later. At $750 it's been a great tool. With the little trailer it can carry up to a rick of wood if I'm close to the house and not tear up the ground if it's wet. Great exercise for the dogs. I'm not running them miles without a motor.

Nice pics billy91&havoc

I got one that needed a head gasket and rear suspension work and still does 2 yrs later. At $750 it's been a great tool. With the little trailer it can carry up to a rick of wood if I'm close to the house and not tear up the ground if it's wet. Great exercise for the dogs. I'm not running them miles without a motor.

I got it for free my wife’s father didn’t wanna fool with it. It burns a little oil and the front brake and or cables need work. I can’t complain one bit I’ll get around to fooling with it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom