American Gamefowl

Good Mamas when chicks are GF too. This is a mean one here, she'll rip your head off😂
1619540733164.png

I'm down to 3 GF from the 5 I started with. The one broody is still nesting in the hay manger. After the other broody was killed, I'm hesitant to move the 2nd one to a lower place. There's also another GF that I think WANTS to turn broody. Her and the one in the manger are now fighting over the nest.

I wish I had a good, secure place to put them to sit on their eggs.... I simply DON'T without moving them into the main coop or the goat house (has a set of nesting boxes in it) which I think would stress them out.

I'm down to 3 GF from the 5 I started with. The one broody is still nesting in the hay manger. After the other broody was killed, I'm hesitant to move the 2nd one to a lower place. There's also another GF that I think WANTS to turn broody. Her and the one in the manger are now fighting over the nest.

I wish I had a good, secure place to put them to sit on their eggs.... I simply DON'T without moving them into the main coop or the goat house (has a set of nesting boxes in it) which I think would stress them out.
I would get some of those little dog carriers. You can usually find somr here and there for good prices.

Are they full gamefowl eggs or just some sort of mix?

You’re aware any roosters from them may be quite aggressive depending on how good the hens are right?

Any roosters will be culled as soon as we figure out they are roosters. I already have 3 adult roosters and at least 3 juvenile roos. The GLW that's been breeding with these GF is also on the chopping block very soon. He's attacked us more than once but we've been hesitant to cull him because he does offer some protection for the GF and with them being 100% free range I figured it was good to have him around.

Any roosters will be culled as soon as we figure out they are roosters. I already have 3 adult roosters and at least 3 juvenile roos. The GLW that's been breeding with these GF is also on the chopping block very soon. He's attacked us more than once but we've been hesitant to cull him because he does offer some protection for the GF and with them being 100% free range I figured it was good to have him around.
You’d most likely be happier with one gamecock but you wouldn’t be able to get away with loose roosters running around so it would only be the one male.

Back
Top Bottom