American Gamefowl

Okay. I understand now.thanks for that info.
Just like any other rooster.

Some use cords just for temporary use. Such as handling, cleaning pens, swapping birds, treating birds, maintenance etc. The birds have individual pens they eventually go back into.

Others that keep them on tie cords year round will put them with a hen in a brood pen or if confident in the blood and hens decisions will let the hen pick the rooster.

Nothing wrong with either way depends on the person, but the cords have many uses and like said keep the male birds away from each other where they will do each other great harm or worse death.
I know how chooks breed. Its the first time I've heard of a rooster being tied up on a rope that's all. I own my own chooks and roosters.

Just like any other rooster.

Some use cords just for temporary use. Such as handling, cleaning pens, swapping birds, treating birds, maintenance etc. The birds have individual pens they eventually go back into.

Others that keep them on tie cords year round will put them with a hen in a brood pen or if confident in the blood and hens decisions will let the hen pick the rooster.

Nothing wrong with either way depends on the person, but the cords have many uses and like said keep the male birds away from each other where they will do each other great harm or worse death.
So dramatic

I learned things today.
1) raccoon lure does smell better than a birch tree candle. . . Good thing too cause I got it in my hair, which brings me to
2) tie back your hair when it's windy and your messing with traps and lures. Or, don't hold the stick in your mouth while setting the trap.
3) apparently a mouse can steal bait out of a dp trap without setting it off. 💁
4) a hound dog bark inside a big open building will dang near bust your ear drums.
5) don't go on a two hour road trip down some bumpy old back roads with a dog who has been eating marshmallows and half your turkey sandwich. :sick

I learned things today.
1) raccoon lure does smell better than a birch tree candle. . . Good thing too cause I got it in my hair, which brings me to
2) tie back your hair when it's windy and your messing with traps and lures. Or, don't hold the stick in your mouth while setting the trap.
3) apparently a mouse can steal bait out of a dp trap without setting it off. 💁
4) a hound dog bark inside a big open building will dang near bust your ear drums.
5) don't go on a two hour road trip down some bumpy old back roads with a dog who has been eating marshmallows and half your turkey sandwich. :sick
Those lures are too expensive to be putting in your hair. Even though that one was free you probably paid enough for shipping.

Oh. . one more thing I learned. Shoveler ducks are still pretty cute even when their dead.
Someone we know went hunting this morning and got 3..
They don't eat duck or use their feathers. 😒
They just trash them.:barnie
Anyway. .
I'm cooking duck tomorrow if anyone has suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom