American Gamefowl

I do have another place I could put them but it’s nothing but a swamp and it’s to close to the road people are straight thrived here so not only would I have to worry about pure mud but somebody having there self a field day with birds but then again I’ve thought about putting the domes up on pallets and making it a solid wood floor.
That might be a good idea.. idk.
But these guys can tell ya what will work best from experience. I don't have chickens so I'm just here for the eye candy and entertainment. 😋
What I do know from my own experience with having ducks is it was nice to get outside perspectives when setting things up for them.
People who had already been there done that could point things out to me that I wouldn't have thought of myself when I was new to having them. and after having them for several years now I still find myself rearranging and trying to do things different to save myself time or keep things cleaner or save money.
It's a constant battle, but you will eventually figure out what works best for you. Of course with your kind of birds you don't want to make any big mistakes right off the bat that could cause you to lose birds that would be hard to replace.

But these guys can tell ya what will work best from experience. I don't have chickens so I'm just here for the eye candy and entertainment. 😋
What I do know from my own experience with having ducks is it was nice to get outside perspectives when setting things up for them.
People who had already been there done that could point things out to me that I wouldn't have thought of myself when I was new to having them. and after having them for several years now I still find myself rearranging and trying to do things different to save myself time or keep things cleaner or save money.
It's a constant battle, but you will eventually figure out what works best for you. Of course with your kind of birds you don't want to make any big mistakes right off the bat that could cause you to lose birds that would be hard to replace.
I may also try to get some old belt and put in the bottom of them that way when they get dirty I can just hose them out and no possible way for them to dig out either

Best course of action is to kill the ducks and get something less messy like a hamster.

25E204A8-19BC-47E4-B87A-44AA6E5721DE.jpeg

How far are those spaced?

I do have another place I could put them but it’s nothing but a swamp and it’s to close to the road people are straight thrived here so not only would I have to worry about pure mud but somebody having there self a field day with birds but then again I’ve thought about putting the domes up on pallets and making it a solid wood floor.
I gotta ask. What is straight thrived? LOL
Not sure about pallets, they may make things drier, but you will still need to put in bedding.
Birds like to scratch, so that hard surface would be hard on them, imho. No access to dirt for dust bathing either.
My 2¢

Not sure about pallets, they may make things drier, but you will still need to put in bedding.
Birds like to scratch, so that hard surface would be hard on them, imho. No access to dirt for dust bathing either.
My 2¢
Theives lol and I’ve dug ditches around the back sides and in between each of them tested it with the water hose and seems good so far just have to try it when it rains. I think the pallets would be hard on them there’s constant sun on them when it’s out so it doesn’t take long to dry

My 2¢
You’ll have to check with pastor hillfolk. I’m not sure. 😂

Back
Top Bottom