American Gamefowl

Only had about an hour. Missed a bass cause I was playing with my phone. šŸ™„ Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on with the crappie in this lake. I havenā€™t caught one in awhile and neither has anybody else that Iā€™ve talked to. Last year it had some sort of algae bloom so that may have made em all go tits up.
View attachment 2344444View attachment 2344445View attachment 2344446View attachment 2344447
Those would make some nice minnows for catching Bass with.

Those would make some nice minnows for catching Bass with.
I donā€™t fish with bait of any kind or a spinning rod. I was using a very small 4wt fly rod for the purpose of throwing small flies. If Iā€™m fishing for bass Iā€™ll use a bigger fly rod and throw flies the size of those bluegills.
Anyone can catch fish with bait. Not a whole lot of skill involved in any of that. The fun is fooling them with flies (for me anyway). I also let them all go because I donā€™t eat any of em.

Only bait fishing Iā€™ve ever really 100% always done is for catfish and with the kids. Iā€™d rather use a lure of some sort myself. A lot of finesse slower working type stuff and top water is what I like to use Iā€™ve got plenty of spinners, jerk, crank, split baits and rattle traps if I just get bored.

Iā€™ve caught trout, a decent size bass and plenty of panfish out on the fly rod though doesnā€™t really matter itā€™s all about fooling em and a bit of luck just pick your poison I like a wide variety haha.

I donā€™t fish with bait of any kind or a spinning rod. I was using a very small 4wt fly rod for the purpose of throwing small flies. If Iā€™m fishing for bass Iā€™ll use a bigger fly rod and throw flies the size of those bluegills.
Anyone can catch fish with bait. Not a whole lot of skill involved in any of that. The fun is fooling them with flies (for me anyway). I also let them all go because I donā€™t eat any of em.
If you go fishing for those 100 lbs Flatheads, you can't beat live bluegills.

If you go fishing for those 100 lbs Flatheads, you can't beat live bluegills.
I donā€™t fish for catfish. I have in the past in GA and AL though. I donā€™t even have flatheads here. Just blues and channel. Again I donā€™t eat them and I like to fish not sit in a lawn chair soaking bait.

Back
Top Bottom