American Gamefowl

Hello everyone and good afternoon I had a general question so I mentioned my man fighter this dude I noticed his beak is sort of broken the bottom one I need to trim the top one but my question here is will the bottom on ever grow back? I’m generally concerned since I don’t think he has been eating and he’s a very handsome boy but I don’t want him to starve
04091C26-48D2-4FA0-804B-93084D5BC419.jpeg
A178E9F3-FACF-4DE1-8376-C5EA73931700.jpeg
01B4E331-0F0D-4578-8547-4FFCA35696FC.jpeg
23820804-8D7A-49B0-A23C-DD7BDE940AF5.jpeg

Hello everyone and good afternoon I had a general question so I mentioned my man fighter this dude I noticed his beak is sort of broken the bottom one I need to trim the top one but my question here is will the bottom on ever grow back? I’m generally concerned since I don’t think he has been eating and he’s a very handsome boy but I don’t want him to starve View attachment 2435630View attachment 2435631View attachment 2435632View attachment 2435633
Trim the top back to meet up with the bottom with a dremel sanding attachment.
Since that bite on your finger looks like it came from a rooster I’d say he can eat just fine but I’d still sand/file the top back in line with the bottom to make it easier for him.

Trim the top back to meet up with the bottom with a dremel sanding attachment.
Since that bite on your finger looks like it came from a rooster I’d say he can eat just fine but I’d still sand/file the top back in line with the bottom to make it easier for him.
Aight then thanks for the tip,hahahah he can peck pretty good once he gets a grip it’s not fun he flys to the face and that’s not good

Aight then thanks for the tip,hahahah he can peck pretty good once he gets a grip it’s not fun he flys to the face and that’s not good
When you sand it back do it in stages because I’m sure he won’t like it much unless you can get someone to wrap him in a towel and hold him still.

Do as he said I’ve got one bird that needs trimmed every season because his top beak grows out a lot. Never hindered him eating though because I don’t let it get to that point.
I’ve seen that most of my birds beaks grow all the time but since this one is a new bird I haven’t ha the chance to give him a trim I did deworm him though

Idk about taking a week to trim his beak but maybe if that’s the way ya wanna do it. Just like trimming a bird I like to get it done and cause as little stress as I can. Sure take your time with the beak but I wouldn’t make it a long drawn out ordeal. That’s just me though.

Back
Top Bottom