American Gamefowl

028AD896-C63A-4041-AA1B-598D6607774F.jpeg
FBDAD520-8444-4616-888A-211515254371.jpeg

Dukes #2 work for me when the cats are around. Good luck with those cats
I bought some #3's because of there big feet. I haven't put a bigger pan on them though. I had a few 2's for coons and whatever got close to the coop. They start missing I just put them all around and trip them when we let the dogs and chickens out.

Dukes #2 work for me when the cats are around. Good luck with those cats
I just noticed my bridger long springs are #4's I thought all of the new ones were #3. oops. Boy they are a little (a Lot) hard to set. Yes I know I bought them with only days left before season ending, but I wanted to make next year a little easier. And I noticed the cat in the security camera late in the season.

@roosterhavoc @SOHC-FTW is there a certain hitch you prefer on your tie cords? I’m looking at Woods but I’ve never messed with cords so I’m not sure which would be best. They won’t be on them permanently, just added to my rotation
The standard nylon hitch is probably the easiest and cheapest. I have all Oklahoma slip hitches though now. The only thing I don’t like about the nylon hitches is I’ve had a few birds tear them apart. They can’t get through it too fast but I was still using a nylon hitch that had been pecked pretty good and watched the rooster peck, tear and pull it apart til he got off.

The standard nylon hitch is probably the easiest and cheapest. I have all Oklahoma slip hitches though now. The only thing I don’t like about the nylon hitches is I’ve had a few birds tear them apart. They can’t get through it too fast but I was still using a nylon hitch that had been pecked pretty good and watched the rooster peck, tear and pull it apart til he got off.
I was looking at the rubber cords with the EZ hitches, but I honestly don’t know anything about them. I’ve always used domes or round pens. I can see how they’d come in handy. Did you order the Oklahoma hitches from woods or somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom