American serama thread!

thumbsup.gif

Woo-Hoo...I have a pip on one of the serama eggs! Day 19! Keeping fingers crossed for fuzzy butts tomorrow.

A friend of mine and I bought some eggs from Jerry and received them in time to set them on Christmas Eve. The little stinkers started hatching on Friday the 13th...lolol...We were very pleased to have 10 Seramas and one Paint Silkie hatch after going through the PO...especially at that time of the year.
They were two and three days old when I took a few quick photos while moving them from the incubator to their brooder.

http://www.lssserama.webs.com

The FIRST TABLE-TOP SERAMA SHOW in TEXAS

OPEN and YOUTH divisions
Cock, Cockerel, Hen, Pullet classes in each division.
Combined class/division for Frizzles
Combined class/division for Silkies

COLOR-BLIND, no minimum weight limits, no additional entry fee

5th Annual "Fancy Feathers 4-H Open Chicken Show”
APA/ABA/SCNA sanctioned
March 10, 2012
Comal County Fairgrounds
701 Common Street, New Braunfels, TX

SCNA Judge: Scott Thompson​

Help needed for a missing serama "Silver"

Haleigh, one of our youth members, has lost her champion serama rooster "Silver" on a trailer accident on their way home from the Bluebonnet Classic show. He was inside a blue extra small Pet Taxi when it fell out of the trailer. Haleigh's family is offering a reward for "Silver's" return or information leading to his return. Please call Tracy at 210-204-4794.

AAARGGGHHHHH! The wait is killing me! Two serama eggs pipped last night but they still haven't started to zip. Other eggs have hatched and are pushing the poor little serama eggs around (not too badly, but still...) I hope they actually hatch. This is my second and probably last attempt to hatch my own. I'll just have to wait to get adults and do it the old fashioned way - under a broody hen. It's going to be so hard to wait. I really want to have my own tiny chickens.
hmm.png

What are you looking for when candling Serama eggs? Is it easy to see anything early on? I've candled duck eggs, but these Serama eggs are so small I don't know if there's nothing to see or if I am just not seeing it.

Should the development be obvious after 6 - 7 days?

Back
Top Bottom