American serama thread!

Something could have scared them and they slammed into something.
Well getting scared is definitely possible. We have a psycho dog next door who wants to kill my chickens and my entire family. Our back fence is also shared with an elementary school. But they have never been a bother. Especially wen compared to that crazy dog. And the other 500 barking howling dogs in my neighborhood lol. How anyone could even HEAR a rooster in a neighborhood like mine is beyond me =P

ticks can be anywere! you would literally have to de- feather taco to find it... that process would kill and detach the tic!!! i would take all that bedding, burn it! and put a new, thin layer of wood chips. it could also be the tapewroms... sadly, though you did treat them, the tapeworms must have already created big leasons in taco and elanas stomach. they probably internally bled to death, or the leasions got infected and they died of an infection. only way to be sure is to autopsy taco... :( sorry.

Here he is!
Oh, I think he has nice tail carrage!
she laied it! its in the bator now!
LOL, you're so funny!
How is that even done? The rooster part I mean!
ep.gif
X3 !
HAHA when I first heard about this I started picturing fake chicken body parts like with semen collection for horses!
This is where I learned to do it, and this is actually how I do it. It has been working fairly well for me! I haven't actually hatched anything yet (although I have about half in my cooler bator that are developing!!!!) but the eggs ARE fertile!
Amazing! Now I understand a bit more on how it all works as well!
ALRIGHT!! I am fed up with my luck right now.
I have been keeping a close eye on Turtle since his episode, and I just went outside to take some pictures of him and Elena and Turtle was dead!!!! What the heck?
He looked just like Belle when I found her dead. Like they were running and tripped and face planted into the dirt. Wings kinda pointed back but close to the body, face down in the dirt.
I swear he totally fine this morning!!!!
Could it be my coop? Taco and Elena both lived in that coop with their now deceased partners and they have never had any health problems. Is there something I need to do to the coop and run before I put birds back in there?
Oh no! Poor Taco! I'm so so so sorry!
can anyone sell me Rooster seed for my hen?
It looks like the sperm doesn't last but a few minutes???

ticks can be anywere! you would literally have to de- feather taco to find it... that process would kill and detach the tic!!! i would take all that bedding, burn it! and put a new, thin layer of wood chips. it could also be the tapewroms... sadly, though you did treat them, the tapeworms must have already created big leasons in taco and elanas stomach. they probably internally bled to death, or the leasions got infected and they died of an infection. only way to be sure is to autopsy taco... :( sorry.
Well bummer! Uhg.
I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if the other two continue to be ok?
Shoot the dog!
If only... the neighbors would probably sue us. And I actually like the neighbors! Best ones on the street... it's just that dog.... I can't lie, I have wondered what I could feed him to make him keel over.

That's really sad and worrisome, kuku! I hope the rest of your birds are ok!

I just checked my eggs, and I had to take one out that looked like it died. I now how 14 int he incubator. How did I do that (I started with 14 in the incubator) ?? Well, Hermione's bucket was turned over a few days ago, and the eggs went who knows where?? I looked and looked but could only find 3. I found another one later and just stuck it in the incubator just in case it was alive. Having just checked them all, it seems that one is 3 days or so along now (WAY behind the others! What to do? Take it out or let it go along for the ride? LOL, ugh!

Well bummer! Uhg.
I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if the other two continue to be ok?
If only... the neighbors would probably sue us. And I actually like the neighbors! Best ones on the street... it's just that dog.... I can't lie, I have wondered what I could feed him to make him keel over.
i would burn every last bit of bedding in their...and replace it all with a thin layer of wood chips. like i said, no more alfalfa! your hens are probably still fertile from taco!!! incubate their eggs while you can! you must repopulate!

Last edited:
Kuku, I don't see any DE in the coop. When you clean it out sprinkle a good deal of the stuff every where. make it look like a snow storm! On the wood also. Any bugs will die that may be lurking. Snakes don't like it either. Won't hurt the birds and I would dust the birds with it also. I dusted everything and every bird when Tansy died.

Back
Top Bottom