American serama thread!

oooo My Grandchicky!
love.gif
I'm keeping her and the brown one and maybe one of the black and whites.
Well it looks like frizzles have eluded me YET AGAIN. UGH. The only frizzles I've gotten have been boys. I did however end up with two silkied babies...which I didn't really want, haha.

Either way, I got some cute pics of the babies today! They were vaccinated this morning, so please excuse their crusty down :)

WOW! How adorable! I need to find a super pretty place like that to take better pictures of my new chicklets lol. Is that your yard??

LOL, it's so funny how they have NO idea of their size!
larps, I dunno, $200 for two chicks, and not even a guarantee of a pair. That's how much is charged for fully proven pairs of birds from champion breeders. It seems like the lady doesn't know the worth of the chicks, and frankly, I feel it would be taking advantage of her to sell those chicks to her for such a price. Just my 2 cents, sorry kiddo. But yes, you can take the chicks away, she'll get over it pretty quickly especially if she has others to care for.

Awww, such cute little buggers, congratulations!

LOL, she is giving off the funniest looks to the camera! Sweet!!! Congratulations!

I dunno, you can't be absolutely sure just yet. The last one is a silkie, no? and 2 others still look like they can be in for the running...?

The little one in front turned out to be a silkie frizzle, but it was still hard to tell here...
OMG? that was a typo! i didn't even realize lol i meant $20
gig.gif
she wants two unsexed chicks just because she wants to get into raising them! and thanks for being the only one to answer me!
big_smile.png

Yes that's my front yard :)
I'm keeping her and the brown one and maybe one of the black and whites.
WOW! How adorable! I need to find a super pretty place like that to take better pictures of my new chicklets lol. Is that your yard??

Two more pictures for the day! I got the inspiration for this after saying one of my babies was the size of a walnut. This is one of the silkied babies, 1 week old :D

hi all I just got a Serama pair from al gordy 3 weeks and 18 egg 4 infertile and ten hatched 4 left in bator...I am so eggcited. most seem blonde or blonde chipmunk. will have to get some pic's tomorrow., is it true they mature at 16 weeks ? how well do they lay I seem to have a,b, and c eggs that hatched. but they are just soooooo tiny. I think I am in love.

Two more pictures for the day! I got the inspiration for this after saying one of my babies was the size of a walnut. This is one of the silkied babies, 1 week old :D

Holy cow! I wish I lived somewhere with real green... Desert doesn't take too kindly to that kind of greenery. And even if I got it to start, I might kill everyone using that much water haha. I am uber jealous =) your yard is gorgeous!

It's temperate where I am, so cool and semi humid. I can't stand hot and humid
sickbyc.gif
! I lived in Utah for 4 years and it was toooo dry for me. My skin and hair were always dry and I was always thirsty :p

OMG? that was a typo! i didn't even realize lol i meant $20
gig.gif
she wants two unsexed chicks just because she wants to get into raising them! and thanks for being the only one to answer me!
big_smile.png
Ah, that sounds better, LOL. It's still a very good price, but not dishonorably so, LOL. Yah, I think, if you have a few left, that your broody will get over it :)

Oh, those pictures are so sweet! I love it!
hi all I just got a Serama pair from al gordy 3 weeks and 18 egg 4 infertile and ten hatched 4 left in bator...I am so eggcited. most seem blonde or blonde chipmunk. will have to get some pic's tomorrow., is it true they mature at 16 weeks ? how well do they lay I seem to have a,b, and c eggs that hatched. but they are just soooooo tiny. I think I am in love.
Congratulations! And welcome to our crazy group! LOL
Thanks! It is super green, but we get a LOT of rain to get it that way so don't be too jealous :p
I love rain
love.gif
50 years here in Southern California, I am ready for a rainy place to live!!!
It's temperate where I am, so cool and semi humid. I can't stand hot and humid
sickbyc.gif
! I lived in Utah for 4 years and it was toooo dry for me. My skin and hair were always dry and I was always thirsty :p
I gotta admit, my mother in law in humid houston has really lovely skin, and can grow amazing orchids! It may be hot, but they have good air conditioning there, LOL

The Pacific North/west is where to be though, IMHO, LOL

I have a rant....Hope nobody minds it, but I'm peeved!

There is this really snoody lady with crap birds who acts like she runs the barn with her seramas that were "Imported From Malaysia". You can really tell that she is either lying or the guy who sold them to her was lying, because her birds are nowhere near what the Malysian birds generally look like. None of them have an upright posture or a full breast, they are all C class birds, but just barely. The first year she had them she brought them into the county fair with toenails so long they couldn't even walk and when I confronted her about it she simply said, "it's open class, so I don't care how they look". She also has a bird die every year she shows because she brings them in underfed and I suspect WORMY! The first year this happened she simply said, "oh well" and tossed the dead serama into the TRASH CAN right infront of the 4-H KIDS! Like she was trying to say that her seramas are just Dollar Signs and when they are of no more use to her, i.e. DEAD, they are just trash.

Well, today I posted some pics of my Seramas on FB and she PM'd me to, "set me straight". She proceeded to look at my bird pics and not only tell me everything she thought was wrong with them, but also show me which ones of my birds were CROSSBREEDS! Sorry, but one of my supposed crossbreeds was Leonardo, who is an SQ A class roo from Laura. Totally not a Crossbreed...She also proceeded to point out invisible leg mites on my birds and tell me I needed take better care my birds! And to top it all off, she posted on a couple of chicken groups on FB a post that basically said, "Just wanted to warn you all about this girl named Sumatra503(not using my real name) who is a Scammer. She is selling Serama Hatching Eggs as Pure Seramas that are all out of crossbred birds. Just wanted to tell you guys not to buy from her because she is just trying to Scam You!" EXCUSE ME!

Sorry for the rant...
hide.gif
But I totally needed to vent. Now I have to go and clean up some messes.

Back
Top Bottom