American serama thread!

Does anyone know of Roos who 'forgot' how to breed? Our Serema boy lost his mate, and ever since whenever raping the birds (which has earned him the nickname 'gay pedophile rapist' lol ) he doesn't hop on the back and touch cloacas, he just kinda humps the ground while holding on a chicken and then deposits his 'manliness' on the ground /: I want to pair him to our Serema girl when she's done brooding, but idk if I wanna if he won't have any idea on actually breeding her

That's a really nice setup!!
Does anyone know of Roos who 'forgot' how to breed? Our Serema boy lost his mate, and ever since whenever raping the birds (which has earned him the nickname 'gay pedophile rapist' lol ) he doesn't hop on the back and touch cloacas, he just kinda humps the ground while holding on a chicken and then deposits his 'manliness' on the ground /: I want to pair him to our Serema girl when she's done brooding, but idk if I wanna if he won't have any idea on actually breeding her
Poor little guy!!!!
lau.gif
I wish I knew how to help!
The only thing I can think of is to artificially inseminate. This is where I learned to do it -

Love your set up! What are the dimensions of your cages and how many birds do you keep in each one. I am setting up my Serama room and I really like your cages.

I have different sizes but most have dividers that can come out so I can have a 9 foor cage or 3 three foot x 2 deep and 22 tall. I keep pairs in 2.5x2 at least and singles in a 2x2 until they are standing nice and erect.

I have different sizes but most have dividers that can come out so I can have a 9 foor cage or 3 three foot x 2 deep and 22 tall. I keep pairs in 2.5x2 at least and singles in a 2x2 until they are standing nice and erect.

How do you get your roo's to stand correctly? I was gently pinching wattles to get them to stand, but that only worked for awhile. It was a trick I learned from a breeder. Now my boy knows that he gets mealworms every time he stands, but he won't correctly.

Check out the color on this chick that Black Betty and Rooder created...I have never seen a chick this color !
That color is so cool! I hope you keep he/she and see what is going to be!
Hey does anyone on this thread live in Montrose, Colorado? Think hubby and I are going to move there come spring!

Back
Top Bottom