American serama thread!

Check out the color on this chick that Black Betty and Rooder created...I have never seen a chick this color !

Very pretty...interesting coloring...like the darkness of it.

Love that baby's color, WildWorks! Here are two of my youngsters, growing up so fast, 2 1/2 month old Snickers (the funny light chocolate) and one month old Crais (lil silkied cockerel)

What kind of troubles do people have with hatching serama eggs with large fowl eggs? I have heard that barely any serama hatch, while most of the LF do. If I incubate serama eggs, I would need more than 4 or 5 tiny eggs to keep the incubator from having crazy fluctuations... Anyone have experience with good hatches of seramas from incubations of serama and LF eggs?

What kind of troubles do people have with hatching serama eggs with large fowl eggs? I have heard that barely any serama hatch, while most of the LF do. If I incubate serama eggs, I would need more than 4 or 5 tiny eggs to keep the incubator from having crazy fluctuations... Anyone have experience with good hatches of seramas from incubations of serama and LF eggs?
I always hatch them together..good luck.........

Love that baby's color, WildWorks! Here are two of my youngsters, growing up so fast, 2 1/2 month old Snickers (the funny light chocolate) and one month old Crais (lil silkied cockerel)

Is this one from my group? Been wondering how they were turning out and how many girls vs. boys you got :)!

Hi everyone
frow.gif
My son and I just picked up our first Serama chicks today, to be honest we were not planning on getting them originally. We picked up some ducks that needed a new home and picked up these three little sweeties while there. I was very surprised that they were jumping on us and cuddling up to us soon after getting them home (less than an hour). None of our other chickens ever did that so soon, and the only other ones that do not need an incentive (food) to hop on us are our two 2-wk-old silkie crosses. These lil spitfires already have a firm grip on my heartstrings...

Front:Goldberry (pullet)
Black(ish): Gandalf (cockerel)
Right rear: Rosie Cotton (pullet)
And my son pretending to be exacerbated by their bids for attention...

Side note: free birds are very bad for chicken/duck math...
wink.png

Is the serama in the front a male or female? 7 weeks old in this pic I believe.Two definite males in the back.

And another view, on the left

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom