American serama thread!

LAchickenMESS

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Quote:
My kids want to leave NOW to go to your house! I don't know how we could squeeze a 4 hour drive into their busy schedules...

RachaelS

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
Austin, TX
Well i may end up getting eggs from chiqitta instead of juvis because its cheaper but ive heard the eggs are harder to hatch so anything advice helps

I did not have any issues when I finally figured out my thermometers were wrong
sad.png
. Make sure you have at least 2 and one is not digital. I ran my incubator at 99, sorry can't remember the exact hatch rate but it was around 60%-70%. I dry hatch since it is pretty humid here. Just put them in turned them when they should and right before "lock down" raised humidity to 65%, worked great. They were actually pretty easy. I think the less you mess with them the better the hatch rate, SUPER hard to do!

RedRoosterFarm

**LOVE MY SERAMAS**
9 Years
Mar 25, 2010
Eatonville, Washington
I have 2 cabinet bators and they hatch low compared to my brinsea that I hatch my seramas in. I have hatched them for 6 years and watch humidity and temp. I keep at 99.5-100 and at day 18 stop turning. I find that if they die out its around day14 and on hatch. I keep humidity at 40 up to day 18 then 60 humidity.

Top Bottom