American serama thread!

To my knowledge, booted are not recoginzed as a true serama and there would be no Table Top showing class for them. And as for feathered legs in cage...haven't a clue...
hide.gif

That is correct, not recognized. You would not be able to show them in cage but if a class was offered at a show with table top then you could.

Thanks! You have far more experience and knowledge of this breed than I do, so I'll go back to my original plan of selling/giving them away as pets. :). I may keep one to breed to a very typey cockbird I have to see if the feather legs can be eliminated.[/quote
IF you are looking into breeding for show birds, best to start with a clean legged bird...Why spend the time "TRYING" to get rid of something you don't wnat to begin with AND then worry if it MIGHT pop up in a generation or so down the line.

. Now, if they are only for fun, well that is a different story. ENJOY THESE GREAT LITTLE BIRDS! :love

Quote:
I just candled mine and all 15 were fertile. Two were quitters but all the rest are doing well.
big_smile.png
I had one from the last hatch that looked like a chocolate when he was born, completely chocolaty brown including his beak and lil feet but looks like this now. Im going to keep him and grow him out just to see what color his adult feather turns out to be. He fooled me
tongue.png

I just candled mine and all 15 were fertile. Two were quitters but all the rest are doing well. :D I had one from the last hatch that looked like a chocolate when he was born, completely chocolaty brown including his beak and lil feet but looks like this now. Im going to keep him and grow him out just to see what color his adult feather turns out to be. He fooled me :p
He is gorgeous!

Thanks! You have far more experience and knowledge of this breed than I do, so I'll go back to my original plan of selling/giving them away as pets. :). I may keep one to breed to a very typey cockbird I have to see if the feather legs can be eliminated.[/quote
IF you are looking into breeding for show birds, best to start with a clean legged bird...Why spend the time "TRYING" to get rid of something you don't wnat to begin with AND then worry if it MIGHT pop up in a generation or so down the line.

. Now, if they are only for fun, well that is a different story. ENJOY THESE GREAT LITTLE BIRDS! :love

That's the weird thing. These are birds I've had, bred, and shown. All of the others I've hatched from them have been clean legged. Two have feathered legs in this clutch though. I only have one frizzle, so I know they had to come from her. . :idunno

Back
Top Bottom