American serama thread!

So with the seramas i placed second in showmanship ^·^

Congratulations! Serma make wonderful 4H showmanship birds. While working with a group of 4H poultry youth last weekend, I couldn't help but notice the common problem was they could not hold or handle their birds. The birds were all way too large for little hands and when walking them and trying to pose them, it was very difficult. A smaller bird is so much easier!

Congratulations! Serma make wonderful 4H showmanship birds. While working with a group of 4H poultry youth last weekend, I couldn't help but notice the common problem was they could not hold or handle their birds. The birds were all way too large for little hands and when walking them and trying to pose them, it was very difficult. A smaller bird is so much easier!

I second that! Seramas ARE THE BOMB!

so i set up a mini run and coop on the porch for boaz and his ladies, last nite heard a commotion- dang possum was walking out there so had to bring them all back in, so today i need male them a lockup coop in their little run. Now for the funny part... i put boaz and company in the spare room for the nite, as i am getting ready for bed, i look over, its dark in the kitchen and boaz is poking around! This little guy is small enough to go UNDER a closed door! Not once but twice!

Anybody know if the feather legs on these two chicks, which is obviously a throwback, will carry over to offspring? Would it be carried by the hen or cockbird? Why is it only showing up in two of the chicks out of at least 20?

Oh genetics... You frustrate and fascinate me!

I am really curious as to how this pair will turn out...so far they look really cool...don't know about the white around the head area...not a big fan of white in my birds.

so i set up a mini run and coop on the porch for boaz and his ladies, last nite heard a commotion- dang possum was walking out there so had to bring them all back in, so today i need male them a lockup coop in their little run. Now for the funny part... i put boaz and company in the spare room for the nite, as i am getting ready for bed, i look over, its dark in the kitchen and boaz is poking around! This little guy is small enough to go UNDER a closed door! Not once but twice!
BOAZ, you are such a silly boy! :love

Anybody know if the feather legs on these two chicks, which is obviously a throwback, will carry over to offspring? Would it be carried by the hen or cockbird? Why is it only showing up in two of the chicks out of at least 20?

Oh genetics... You frustrate and fascinate me!

What two chicks? And yes it WILL pop up and because you have NO idea who it is comiong from it WILL be impossible to eliminate. I go back to my original comment...if you don't want booted DO NOT BREED THESE two together.

Just had a hatch of 3 chicks and a 4th pipping! I took the rest of the eggs and put them in the incubator just in case there is some life left!

If anyone is within driving distance of zip code 12115 (upstate NY near Albany) and wants to buy some chicks, drop me a PM. Can't say for sure that my girl fiend will let them go though!

Back
Top Bottom