American serama thread!

So does anyone know where I can purchase some eggs to hatch or some birds? My husband and I have been wanting some for a few years now and we haven't ever gotten any. any help on where to get some would be much appreciated. ^^

Thanks

I candled my eggs today and now 2 out of 9 eggs are left in the incubator. When I tapped one of the alive eggs, he/she wiggled around inside!
love.gif

So does anyone know where I can purchase some eggs to hatch or some birds? My husband and I have been wanting some for a few years now and we haven't ever gotten any. any help on where to get some would be much appreciated. ^^

Thanks

I recommend you start with the best pair you can afford and go from there. You have no idea how many people have contacted me over the years that have purchased dozens and dozens of eggs and have not hand a single one hatch. You can easily spend over $50 for eggs from good birds and wind up with nothing.

I recommend you start with the best pair you can afford and go from there. You have no idea how many people have contacted me over the years that have purchased dozens and dozens of eggs and have not hand a single one hatch. You can easily spend over $50 for eggs from good birds and wind up with nothing.

AND to add to these WORDS OF WISDOM in regards to seramas... when you get eggs you don't know if you are getting real 100% seramas.

Seramas are THE most unique chickens in the world! They were bred to be house pets/ornamental and to have human like personalities.

When humans start mixing breeds in with the serama (SHAME SHAME) it kills that one HUGE quality that is SO ENDEARING to this breed....PERSONALITY!

Always get your birds from a reputable person, research then, see their other birds, ask a million questions before you purchase.

AND seramas are unique in the fact that you can [for example and the honest to god truth!] purchase a 10month old hen or roo, let them ride home on your lap and by the time you get home, they are your best friend!

IF you can bring ronnie in the house at night, there is NO reason why you can't keep him (I AM a horrible enabler). Since when do we all follow all the rules? :oops: Has he started crowing yet?

Hes attempting to crow but still sounds like a long funky baby chirp. Trust me I definitely considered trying to keep him but recently discovered that keeping him isn't an option :( I have two 3 week old polish chicks i need to eventually share a coop with the Seramas and when they have supervised play time he attacks them if they come close to "his girls". I know its his job but if I remove him all 4 girls get along fine.

Last edited:
H
Red Dead is growing into a fine rooster....what color would you say he would be?
He is beauutiffuuullll!!!! Im DESPERATELY looking for a Malaysian/american serama roo and two hens.. very new to this but I grew up around chickens n other livestock and now that im older with children of my own, I want to start a hobbie n live back in the country.. PLEASE IF ANYONE IN OR NEAR SACRAMENTO BREEDS/SELLS THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!:)

He is beauutiffuuullll!!!! Im DESPERATELY looking for a Malaysian/american serama roo and two hens.. very new to this but I grew up around chickens n other livestock and now that im older with children of my own, I want to start a hobbie n live back in the country.. PLEASE IF ANYONE IN OR NEAR SACRAMENTO BREEDS/SELLS THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!:)
Try asking on the California - Northern thread. There are some people around who have Seramas. I have a few, but am pretty far from you. They make wonderful pets!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom