American serama thread!

ladytcat, i really like it. easy to remember and eye catching color and they are like little fairies. good job !!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks!

Yes they are little fairy chickens. That's what I call them, and I name them after fairy tale and Disney characters.

what day do serama eggs tend to hatch on? my bantams will come on day 18 and i have been told thats not a good thing. I thought it was relative to the size of the egg but maybe not ? I was planning on going into lock down on day 16. is this too early?

what day do serama eggs tend to hatch on? my bantams will come on day 18 and i have been told thats not a good thing. I thought it was relative to the size of the egg but maybe not ? I was planning on going into lock down on day 16. is this too early?

Mine have hatched anywhere from 19 to 21 days. Makes it hard to know when to go into lockdown.

thank you. guess i will go with day 16 then. i dont think it hurts them to be stopped a bit early. this is my first serama hatch and i only have 4 eggs that will be going into lock down. I hope they all hatch . I was sent a pr. and 9 eggs . this is what i ended up with . the pair in my opinion is lacking color I look for in any chicken . love the calico and i know the shipper had some so keeping my fingers crossed for one. I dont know why i would complain though. they were all free from a wonderful breeder and great all around guy.

this is the pr. i was sent. my first pr. even seeing them before. lol pictures i have seen but it didnt really prepare me for hw tiny they really are. the hen is an A and the roo will mature to a B

what do you think ?????

thanks for the info. i was saying my bantams always hatch on day 18-19 at the latest. my bator must be a but high.  first time with the seramas 

I'm sorry I should have said lockdown is on day 18 for ALL CHICKEN eggs... That constant incubator temp of 99.5 and proper humidty is CRUCIAL for a good hatch.
Hope they pop like popcorn for ya!

I'm sorry I should have said lockdown is on day 18 for ALL CHICKEN eggs... That constant incubator temp of 99.5 and proper humidty is CRUCIAL for a good hatch.
Hope they pop like popcorn for ya!
LOL, my temp is steady for sure at 99.5 ON MY THERMOMETER . if mine are the ones hatching on day 18 then I guess its no good and i need to invest in a better one. with only 4 eggs in there i am not pleased with the humidity. it is drying fast in 2 tubes and bouncing from 35-40. air cell seems to be on track though. I hope they pop too! i am going to be one very sad granny if they dont.

LOL, my temp is steady for sure at 99.5 ON MY THERMOMETER . if mine are the ones hatching on day 18 then I guess its no good and i need to invest in a better one. with only 4 eggs in there i am not pleased with the humidity. it is drying fast in 2 tubes and bouncing from 35-40. air cell seems to be on track though. I hope they pop too! i am going to be one very sad granny if they dont.

I have a Brinsea. It's rock steady on 99.5 and the regular chicken eggs all hatch on the 21st day. The Seramas didn't read the manual and I never know when they will hatch until they start pipping.

Back
Top Bottom