American serama thread!

You guys feel like sharing your hatching tips ? What if anything you do differently from LF eggs ? I have a still air Little giant with turner. I have one with the old red dial and the new one that is digital.

I found still air incubators did not work for serama eggs. I had one and then purchased a fan for the inside and it worked fine then.

Just wanted to dis-spell a myth about egg size. Just had a friend hatch 8 out of 8 very tiny eggs from the mama hen . so the size of my eggs that didnt hatch was not an issue. lesson for the day. Size dont matter.

Already a week old and getting their flight feathers. they grow so fast

Last edited:
I was gone for New Years and the weekend. The people I had caring for my birds didn't get the serama eggs. Of course one went broody and they are developing!!!!! I am upset because I didn't want chicks just yet. A little early in the season for me considering we just got a foot and a half of snow last night. So I am going to mark those so I can remove any new ones........ I just cannot bring myself to "dispose" of the developing ones. I think I know the answer but, what would you guys do?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom