American serama thread!

This is the "hen" all grown up.

Rusty-serama rooster-now eight months old.
Oh no! That was a surprise to me! lol He's beautiful. I kinda thought maybe it was a roo in the picture at first glance because of the size of comb and wattles, but the tail threw me off and made me decide "definitely hen". How old was he in that other picture? Couple months or so? He sure changed a lot!

said to be serama. And she did stand up in a typical serama stand earlier for me. She is super tiny.
Ok, I thought So... Its hard to tell without feathers!

I have been Wondering if they where still around! Thanks for the Link... Their Facebook wasnt on last time I looked for it... So was their website

Yeah she runs the poultry swaps here in Oregon and that's become a full time job so I think she stepped back a bit from the seramas. But the Facebook page is back and she's mostly selling her eggs on the auction page to support the swaps.
Ok cool! I was hoping she hadnt sold all her birds and I hadn't Bought any!

I have to ask about the serama in your avatar picture! It's so pretty! Almost doesn't look real, like a beautiful little statue. I need to know about her! I'm assuming it's a hen because of the tail.
Young Roosters Don't grow in their Tails as much until a few months old

Oh no! That was a surprise to me! lol He's beautiful. I kinda thought maybe it was a roo in the picture at first glance because of the size of comb and wattles, but the tail threw me off and made me decide "definitely hen". How old was he in that other picture? Couple months or so? He sure changed a lot!

6-8 weeks old.

Rusty at different ages. Yes, he did change a lot.

Last edited:
My Japanese pullet laid her first egg today at the age of 19 weeks. She is one week older than the serama pullet I've been waiting on. Hope the serama pullet lays soon.

Well I just gave porkupine a bath and now she is drying in the sun coming through the window.but after her bath I found these little bumps on the tips of her wing shafts... Is this new growth or something else?

Also her skin is bright yellow with red patches. Is bright yellow skin normal for her because she hasyellow legs? And is the red irritation? Is there anything I can put on her skin to help her?

I'm so sorry for 20 questions but I just want to help her the best I can!

Also her skin is bright yellow with red patches. Is bright yellow skin normal for her because she hasyellow legs? And is the red irritation? Is there anything I can put on her skin to help her?

I wish you the very best of luck. I have never seen anything like those bumps on the feather quills. Does it scrap off? I will look at my serama with yellow feet now and post as soon as I can.

I did not think so. After looking at my yellow legged serama and Japanese bantams, their skin is not the least bit yellow. I hesitate to give any advice as this is something completely out of my experience. Hopefully, others will be able to help. I rather think that Porcupine is unique. I'd wait on putting anything on her skin until you know more what is going on. Again, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom