American serama thread!

im not sure if this has been answered yet, but at what age can you tell size class of seramas? mine are 3 months.

This question has been asked and answered a ways back.....;)
Now I am going to answer your question with a question; why and what "size" are you looking for? In the years I have shown seramas in ASA and SCNA they was never a concern about "size class" UNLESS the bird appeared over the weight limit when you got to tier 2 showing.

This question has been asked and answered a ways back.....;)
Now I am going to answer your question with a question; why and what "size" are you looking for? In the years I have shown seramas in ASA and SCNA they was never a concern about "size class" UNLESS the bird appeared over the weight limit when you got to tier 2 showing.
I'm not really sure, we are just getting started with Seramas and I guess I'd like to know size so when I sell them I can advertise as such. I also heard the smaller ones sometimes don't reproduce?

I'm not really sure, we are just getting started with Seramas and I guess I'd like to know size so when I sell them I can advertise as such. I also heard the smaller ones sometimes don't reproduce?

AHHH, you answered my question then... Yes, the larger seramas are generally more fertlie than the small or micros are..but seramas in general can be very funny about who is gonna be a good reproducer and who is not. In all honesty, if you don't test out the individual birds fertility, it is very hard to honestly sell them as being fertile.
Does that make sense?

I have a few new pics of my guys. Any comments/suggestions/criticism on any of them are welcomed. I have 9, I'm thinking 3 are male. Hatched 5/27-5/28, so about 5 weeks old.

I have a few new pics of my guys. Any comments/suggestions/criticism on any of them are welcomed. I have 9, I'm thinking 3 are male. Hatched 5/27-5/28, so about 5 weeks old.

I do not breed or show so I don't know what kind of quality these are but they are so pretty and cute! I really like the one that is like brown and white, I think she or he is so pretty. Well that is all of the thoughts I can put on them. But I hope you will post some more pictures of them!
droolin.gif

I do not breed or show so I don't know what kind of quality these are but they are so pretty and cute! I really like the one that is like brown and white, I think she or he is so pretty. Well that is all of the thoughts I can put on them. But I hope you will post some more pictures of them!
droolin.gif

Thanks! That one has really evolved its colors over the few weeks, and was one of my favorites early on. I'm pretty sure its male.

WVduckchick,
I agree, they are adorable.
love.gif

smile.png
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom