American serama thread!

One big happy family....
20200306_183345.jpg

Since Phoes eggs are dye snyday, i went ahead a moved the lone egg down to the bigger inky to finish hatch. Today, no movement. I put the other inkys temp and humidity gauge down to double check even though the inkys guages were saying 99.6 and 54%. I went outside and came back in and the temp guage register 105! I have killed 4 babies because of this!!!! Now i need to find a replacent guage to fix it! I also looked at Phoes eggs. It looks like 2 more have quit and only 1 still going and its looking really strange. Like the air cell is on the side. But i still see movement.

Since Phoes eggs are dye snyday, i went ahead a moved the lone egg down to the bigger inky to finish hatch. Today, no movement. I put the other inkys temp and humidity gauge down to double check even though the inkys guages were saying 99.6 and 54%. I went outside and came back in and the temp guage register 105! I have killed 4 babies because of this!!!! Now i need to find a replacent guage to fix it! I also looked at Phoes eggs. It looks like 2 more have quit and only 1 still going and its looking really strange. Like the air cell is on the side. But i still see movement.

I gave up on incubators years ago because of the very issues your post describes. Recently I bought a 7 egg incubator. Works great, has a little fan, temperature stays constant to 1/10th of a degree. Consider it and they're very inexpensive.

Often eggs with air cells off to the side hatch. Good luck.

I gave up on incubators years ago because of the very issues your post describes. Recently I bought a 7 egg incubator. Works great, has a little fan, temperature stays constant to 1/10th of a degree. Consider it and they're very inexpensive.

Often eggs with air cells off to the side hatch. Good luck.
I don't understand what happened to it over the winter. It was fine last year. Even installed a fan to make it circulated. My little Janoel has been an excellent one. I always have a good hatch rate with it. The only reason I moved the egg was that I have another 3 seramas eggs that Faraday40 gave me and 3 orps eggs that still have 10 days to go. I hope Faradays eggs from Angel will make it if Phoes doesnt. I'll have a heartbroken hen if not.

I don't understand what happened to it over the winter. It was fine last year. Even installed a fan to make it circulated. My little Janoel has been an excellent one. I always have a good hatch rate with it. The only reason I moved the egg was that I have another 3 seramas eggs that Faraday40 gave me and 3 orps eggs that still have 10 days to go. I hope Faradays eggs from Angel will make it if Phoes doesnt. I'll have a heartbroken hen if not.
Things just seem to go wrong at the worst times. While a 105 reading is bad the internal temp of the egg would/could be less.
All maybe well. The best of luck to you.

Ok, anyone on. I just checked Phoes eggs one has a pip in it, but it's at the pointy end and no where near the air cell. Bad? Never has one pip there. Hold it up to the ear and you can hear tapping.

Ok, anyone on. I just checked Phoes eggs one has a pip in it, but it's at the pointy end and no where near the air cell. Bad? I never had that happen-:fl and hope for the best. Never has one pip there. Hold it up to the ear and you can hear tapping.
And yes, Ra_ named his line after the fuzzies on Star Trek. The Tribbles I had were from Ra_ and quite prolific. With each one that I sold I told myself I'd save the next batch for myself. My last Tribble hen had eggs externally pipped when fire ants invaded-destroyed the hatching eggs and killed the hen.

Good luck with Phoe's eggs. I do hope they hatch for you.

Ok, anyone on. I just checked Phoes eggs one has a pip in it, but it's at the pointy end and no where near the air cell. Bad? Never has one pip there. Hold it up to the ear and you can hear tapping.
Did the chick hatch??? I'm an old man that's been raising birds for well over 50 years and still feel miserable when I Ioose a chick; one of Pablo and Cali's chicks was smaller and weak-it died this morning-crud! I tell myself to be pleased with the five that are robust and healthy. Hopefully Phoe's chick hatched and all is well; if not, maybe next time...

What to do with a neighbor's cat that killed an expensive calico Yokohama cockerel and then got itself stuck in a live trap??

Back
Top Bottom